Cant create NFS share

• Does anybody have an howto guide to create an NFS share? I've been trying for half an hour now but I cant get it to work

If I try to connect to "nfs://192.168.1.20/export/share" on my mac (Mountain Lion) I get this error:

There was a problem connecting to the server “192.168.1.20”.
    Check the server name or IP address, and then try again. If you continue to have problems, contact your system administrator.

Please help me :)

• Not saying that I have a success story (I still have issues with NFS) but try connecting to http://ipaddress ... when you get the connect as dialog fill in your credentials. This is when my issue pops in... it says I have no permission to connect which isn't true (I doubled checked my permissions for the shared folder). Help appreciated!

Kind regards,

G

• Permissions for NFS are not only folder based, but also export based. So you can and need to export a NFS share with a specific user or for any user. So the export settings can be the reason here. Just guessing - never used it. Also if you try to connect via root, the connection could be prohibited. This is very generic, I know. But I do not have any NFS mounts in my OMV

Everything is possible, sometimes it requires Google to find out how.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!