ext4 filesystem resize

• Dear all,

again I'm here to ask for help. I have a hardware raid controller and gave it a new hdd - everything good. The raid was modified and expanded...
    now I'm trying to tell OMV to resize the filesystem and nothing happens.
    I used the webgui: filesystems=>resize=> then confirmed that I would like to resize - and then the confirmation window disapears and nothing happens..

What did I wrong?

Scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates lizard, lizard eats paper, paper disproves Spock, Spock vaporizes rock, and as it always has, rock crushes scissors.

• Can no one give a hint what to do?

Scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates lizard, lizard eats paper, paper disproves Spock, Spock vaporizes rock, and as it always has, rock crushes scissors.

• Hi subzero79,

thanks for your replay, yes a hw raid displays as a single disk
    It shows the new size in physical

But not at Filesystem:

• Offizieller Beitrag

I think i know the problem. The partition remains the original size, this is not like regular software RAID.

You can boot systemrescuecd or gparted live to resize the partition and the filesystem. You can try CLI to resize but is not easy. Gparted has a very nice GUI tool.

Once the partition has being resized, you can proceed to expand the fs. You can do that also in gparted.

• Dear subzero79,

thanks for your help - today I could manage to to use gparted and it worked to resize the partition with gparted..

=> problem solved

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!