4x3tb raid 5 says full after 189 Gb

• so after getting docker working i decided it was time to transfer over all my media, the media folder is a touch over 2tb. I started it before i left for work yesterday and noticed it was real slow but after looking on the forums i wasnt concerned as i saw some fixes for that. however when i got home it had only copied 189.1Gb and said disk was full. Ive looked at all the settings i could think of that might be related. should i remove reinstall the array and do the slow wipe? ive always done the quick wipe and this is the third time ive set it up from scratch with this same hardware but didnt get this error the first two times. the first time i might not have moved the whole media folder but i know on the second install i did.

• figured it out...somewhere in my unraid, freenas, windows, omv testing the drives had gotten corrupt gpt tables. they showed to all OS's as 3tb but there were two partitions one of 2tb and one of 746 like it was a mbr disk. omv nor windows could fix the drives, nor any of the free "disk fixing" utilities. finally i grabbed a mint bootable thumbdrive and tried gparted. Viola! it prompted me to fix them all as soon as i entered gparted and with just a couple mouse clicks each they were back up to 3tb and i formatted them with ext4. unfortunately in my diagnosing stage i reloaded omv so back to square one again! now my question is this. should i wipe the drives when i put them back in omv or just try to build the array and sync it?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!