Owncloud performance is slow

• Hi All

I have been running omv for about a week now, and am very impressed with the software.

I have set it up and am having an issue with owncloud performance. The file sync from the clients is averaging about 1k. I have tested my clients with my old owncloud server and have no issues there. There is about 55Gb of data and they are normal sized files.

I was seeing a message in the oc logs about an instance ID that cannot be numeric, and have fixed that by adding some aplha characters to the config fo owncloud, and this has improved performance slightly, but I am seeing performance when first logged into the server at about 1-2 Mb/s dropping within a few minutes to 10kb/s.

I have seen threads on the instance ID issue and slow performance on the forum, but all relating to an older version of omv and oc.

Can anyone help?

Regards

Glen

• I've listed a few todos here http://cornis-techblog.de/owncloud-auf-speed/ (in German)

Owncloud will never be as fast as FTP, NFS or similar protocols, thats because Owncloud uses versioning, indexing and so on. Another thing are small files. They could be faster but I guess there is no multithread upload implemented so the overhead of each file will slow down all others.

On OMV, Owncloud is set up with sqllite hich is slow. Use Mysql.

The instance id problem can be solved by adding "owncloud-" before your instance id in config.php. You will find many hits regarding this via Google.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!