Lock configuration files

• Hello,

I'm an advanced user and do many changes directly on the config files. For example Nginx webserver config and Owncloud config. In the past, it happened multiple times, that OMV changed the files in a way it should not.

OMV does not understand that I have multiple servers listening on port 443 and that it should not set the ipv6only=off and ssl option on BOTH servers. It also changes the server_name option.

Another point is Owncloud. It happened multiple times that my config file was just rest to default + some changes. But it did not take over ALL my changes.

Does anyone know how to avoid this? Or how to lock this files so that nothing can change them except root?

I really enjoy OMV but it should not modify things in this way. It should at least show a warning that saving a change will overwrite something.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von bierkistenschlepper ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

This has been mentioned many times on this forum. OMV completely rewrites config files when it makes changes. If you want to host other things on OMV, you need to use the nginx plugin or make separate config files like the plugin.

The owncloud plugin is being dropped in the next version of OMV. I recommend running owncloud in a docker.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I'm using NGINX plugin. But it has not enough options, specially the security relevant ones.

Ok, I'll try to migrate my OC installation into docker. Is there a tutorial? I have a productive system ans of course want to keep my data.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'm using NGINX plugin. But it has not enough options, specially the security relevant ones.

Ok, I'll try to migrate my OC installation into docker. Is there a tutorial? I have a productive system ans of course want to keep my data.

Submit a request to add the features that you want here. The feature may or may not have to be added to core OMV though.

I don't use owncloud. So, can't really help with that.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!