Growing RAID1 and resizing filesystem

• Hi,

First, I want to thank you for your support for o very good product.

I changed one by one the both 1T HDDs in a RAID1 with two 2T HDDS and after 2 resynchronizations everything seems ok.
    Now I need your help for increasing the RAID1 size from 1T to 2T and after that increasing the file system to use the entire space of 2T.
    I didn’t found anything, even if I checked all the options in web interface, to grow the RAID1 from 1T to 2T.

Best,
    Hun

The Power of the Power Button!
    OMV 4.x // Hardware: HP N36L Microserver (BIOS mod), 4GB RAM, 2x1TB WD Red + 2x2TB ST, 160GB for OMV

OMV 5.x // Hardware: HP Microserver Gen8, 4GB RAM, 2x4TB WD + 2x2TB ST, 160GB for OMV

• Offizieller Beitrag

The easiest way is to boot gparted-live and resize it.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• thanks for your fast reply.

i heard that, but I thought that is a much simple way through web interface.

this is a "must have" feature!

best,
    hun

OMV 4.x // Hardware: HP N36L Microserver (BIOS mod), 4GB RAM, 2x1TB WD Red + 2x2TB ST, 160GB for OMV

OMV 5.x // Hardware: HP Microserver Gen8, 4GB RAM, 2x4TB WD + 2x2TB ST, 160GB for OMV

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von hunt3rus ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

Normally, you can resize from the web interface. Not sure why it isn't working for you. Booting gparted-live would resize the filesystem while it is unmounted which is safer anyway.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• how can I resize the RAID1 from the web interface?
    because if I chose the "Grow" button I can't chose nothing in the window (nothing appearing in the window)

• Offizieller Beitrag

I guess you can only grow when adding a new drive. The grow button was really intended for making a raid5/6 array bigger and not really swapping drives to get a bigger array. You could submit a feature request for this on bugtracker.

• thanks guys for your support. always I found here a great community.

• unfortunately, gparted didn't helped me.
    seems that no tools know that I changed the HDDs with new ones (from 750GB to 2TB)
    also I installed the Logical Volume Management plugin which show me no physical or logical volumes.
    I send you the array details:
    Creation Time : Mon Apr 7 20:16:43 2014
    Raid Level : raid1
    Array Size : 732573424 (698.64 GiB 750.16 GB)
    Used Dev Size : 732573424 (698.64 GiB 750.16 GB)
    Raid Devices : 2
    Total Devices : 2
    Persistence : Superblock is persistent

Update Time : Sat Jan 9 14:02:43 2016
    State : clean
    Active Devices : 2
    Working Devices : 2
    Failed Devices : 0
    Spare Devices : 0

Name : XXXX:750GB (local to host XXXX)
    UUID : d4c61901:8e07ff4a:1fa50e14:f70e68f2
    Events : 11832

Number Major Minor RaidDevice State
    3 8 32 0 active sync /dev/sdc
    2 8 48 1 active sync /dev/sdd

in this moment I have no clue how to grow the RAID1 size (also my linux knowledge are so low)
    if you need more info I can send you the entire Support Info.

best.

• I resolved resizing the RAID1, in offline mode, on only one drive, using in cli the command:

Code
    mdadm --grow /dev/md<X> --size=max

after resizing, I resynchronized the second HDD.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!