User home directory filesystem mounted noexec incorrectly?

• I have installed OMV 2.1 from scratch rather than upgrade from 0.4. Lots of good changes!

One of the options is to set the user home directories to be in a shared folder location. To do this a disk is added, file system created, mounted, a shared folder added for user home directories. Finally the option is enabled under user settings.

The issue is that shell scripts and executables stored in user home directories do not run. I have tracked this down the the /etc/fstab mount having a noexec option against the filesystem added by OpenMediaVault. This might be causing environment variable not to be loaded as well. Maybe this is the reason for the omv-extras remotedesktop plugin environment missing icons for normal users?

So, the question is:

Should OpenMediaVault remove the noexec mount point option for the filesystem to be used as a home directory location?

At the moment, I can see the option in the OpenMediaVault config.xml picks up a default list of options per filesystem type from /usr/share/php/openmediavault/globals.inc. For example $GLOBALS['OMV_FSTAB_MNTOPS_EXT4']. This is good for most file systems I assume, but should it also be the case for home directories?

At the moment I have hacked it by:
    1. Remove noexec option from the OpenMediaVault config.xml options for the filesystem on which user home directories are stored
    2. Run omv-mkconf fstab
    3. Run mount -o remount /media/<filesystem> on which user home directories are stored

Is there a neater way of overriding the default for just one filesystem than editing config.xml manually?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Nope. Editing config.xml manually is the best way. Personally, I don't put my home directory on a data drive if I need it executable. I put it in /home and don't enable home directories in the web interface.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!