SMART error - should I worry ? - Plans for future redundancy

• Hi!
    In a year or so I build my OMV NAS- for home purpose.
    It's based on Intel ATOM 330 (Asrock A330GC) with 4Gb of ram.
    The case is fractal design r5 with a 12 cm and a 14cm fan in the fron t and a 14 in the back. The drives don't go higher than 30-35 Cdegree.
    The board has 2 sata port, and a pci slot.
    In the pci slot there is a "HBA" an old Highpoint 1820 8 port sata card.
    On this card are all my drives. I konw there is a bottleneck on the PCI lane (66MB) but it doesn't bother me now.
    There is a 40Gb IDE 2,5" drive for the system
    Drives for data:
    300GB sata maxtor ext4
    1,5GB sata samsung NTFS
    3 TB WD Green ext4
    3 TB WD Green NTFS
    3 TB WD Green ext4
    All driver is separately shared on the network with SMB
    The email notification is active, and it send me today 2 mail when I moved files around the drives (on a Win laptop over the LAN with totalcommander)
    The first mail:

The second mail:

So is this messeges relevant , should I do something ?
    My ideas:
    -This "raid" card is failing
    -Drive failing.

What I would like to do :
    Implement some sort of radundancy.
    There is files witch I work on (3ds max, photoshop etc call them project files )
    And there is a huge amount of other. Lots of tutorial movie, pictures, etc - this don't need frequently access.
    My idea is to build from 2 old wd black an MDADM for project files , ant the rest is going in a nice file structure on the drives with Snapraid and pool.
    Is it a good idea or is there any better ?
    There was an APC-Smart UPS750 for the nas but I have to change the batterys (It lasted 3year) so I guess I should disable the write chache (Is this on the sys ram or other ?)
    I have another 3Tb WD gree laying on the shelves brand new for Snapraid parity (or mdadm the whole and for that)
    I do want to use torrent, for this I don't want to spin all the drives. Maybe the 1,5Tb just for that purpose ?
    If there is any idea, don't hesitate to comment.
    Thanks!
    Peter

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!