No user home directory

• I had the same problem last night, latest version of OMV on BOTH my OMV installations.

Creating a new user in WebGUI fails to create user's home directory. Very frustrating. Created user via commandline, and user's home directory was created successfully.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is your shared folder in root (/) as well?

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Then it is not a bug. If you do not have user home directories enable in the web interface and a shared folder selected, OMV will not create the user home directory because it will not use the OS drive for data. You can still use /home/username if you create the directory but don't expect/think OMV will do it. It never has created the directory even in previous versions.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• I will revive a bit this topic as I have re-image this and I have face this. Would be nicer to be an option to create the home directory under /home? What would be the reason for example to connect via SSH (as the public SSH tab exist) since there is no home directory?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Would be nicer to be an option to create the home directory under /home?

Nothing in core OMV uses the OS drive. So, this will not happen. If you set the home directory shared folder and then create the users, the home directory will exist when you try to login via ssh.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!