Can't rename a folder

• Hi, I am not very good with LINUX, but I am learning... However, I have a problem with renaming a Folder.
    On my /dev/sdb/ I craeted a Folder called "Movies Foreign". To that folder I copied many subfolders containig movies form my windows PC. Then I decided, that I would like to organise these subfolders differently, created another Folder on /dev/sdd/ which I called "MoviesAlreadySeen" and tried to move some of them. Of course, moving them from my windows explorer is possible, but it's a very slow process since moving subfolders by means of windows explorer they have to go over the network. So I invetigated how to move them directly on the NAS and learnt about the Rsinc.
    I installed the plugin and tried to use it, but it does not work, giving me the following message: rsync: link_stat "/media/31bb010e-856a-4b46-ae53-a96cd8cadcbc/Movies" failed: No such file or directory (2) -467e-ba34-a120b6fa6914/MoviesAlreadySeen/> ...
    After some investigation I believe that the problem is due to the the space in the name of the Folder "Movies Foreign". I tested this creating another folders, named without spaces and the tried to use the Rsinc - and the moving worked OK...
    Could you please someone help me with this? I would like to rename that "Movies Foreign" folder to some other correct name. Also I don't want to loose my movies subfolders during that process...

• I don't know how to log into ssh...

I installed the winscp but so far was unable to make it working. I can see the folder I would like to rename but when I try it to do it I would get the following message:
    Error renaming file 'MoviesForeign' to 'MoviesFor'.
    Reaname /MoviesFor: Is a directory
    I tried other folders I made just to try to rename - it's the same story...

I don't understand what you mean with "if omv has a shared folder as refernece..."

• But there is no folder above that, it is /dev/sdb1/MoviesForeign.
    In the Shared Folders it is like this:
    Name___________Volume_________Path__________Comment________Referenced
    MoviesForeign___/dev/sdb1_______Movies Foreign_________________Yes

I have SSH enabled. I did not know that the login is "user"

• It Works!!!
    I created the share for sdb1 as you suggested, and than I was able to rename the Movies Foreign folder to Movies_Foreign. Then the Rsync started to work as well and I could use it for moving the Subfolders...
    So, the problem was the space in the folder name I created.
    I'm not sure how it is with the ssh, I have no idea how it works through the OMV. When I click it, there is this General settings (Enable, Port, Permit root login etc.)... and I don't know what else should happen.
    I access the OMV as the admin - when I click the ssh there in Services, it is the admin who is clicking it not the user, so I am wondering, did you mean that I need to put admin in the ssh group to access ssh?
    Is there any guide concerning using the ssh from OMV?
    Thank you subzero79 for you help!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!