Cups does not find printer in network

• Hello,

System 2.1.23 (Stone Burner)
    after a quite bumpy installation*, OMV is running like it is supposed to - we have access from Android and very important, my wifes iPad.

My Printer is a HP Laserjet 4 Plus with a LAN Card and it has a static IP xxx.xxx.xxx.5 It works well with my Computer under Linux and Windows, as it is working also well from my wifes Laptop in the other room under Lubuntu.

Ok, now i installed the CUPS Plugin, but it does not find my Printer.
    I haven't found a tab to install it manually.
    Is there something special to add, do or install?
    Any help is appreciated

Ciao Hans
    * i think about sharing my problems with others in a thread.

• If the printer is already networked why would you add it to cups in omv?, all Lan clients can reach it from what you mention.

Not all! I did not find a way to get our iPad to print. I tried a couple of apps, but none managed it.
    No Problem from my Android 4.4 device
    I can think of just one solution, besides taking the way over a different computer - buy a new printer which is able to print airplay (or whatever the proprietary apple stuff is called :-(( )

Zitat

i don't remember if the plugin can add network printers, but you should be able to do it from the cups interface. Open omv ip at Open omv ip at port 631 and work from there.

I doubt it - and how do i enter this adress?
    xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/631 shows Error 404

Edit:

Code
    Users in the lpadmin OpenMediaVault group will be able to administer printers using their OpenMediaVault username / password.

??? - how do i get to the login ?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is http://ip:631

the lpadmin group is for allowing users to enter a stripped down version of omv web panel that shows only the cups section. So you can add any omv user to that group.

I usea program called printer pro for ios that can be used for printing. Is 7 dollars the app, but I got it for free sometime ago in a promotion, don't use it too much but works as expected. you send from other apps the documents and print from the app. I think that's cheaper than buying another printer.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!