Need help configuring omv for access on two networks. static routes?

• Hello, I need help getting my OMV server to be an accessible resource on two networks in my home which are a DSL gateway (modem/router combo) I'll call Network A and a tomato router connected to a cable modem I'll call Network B.

I installed a second NIC in my server today thinking it would be an easy job but soon realized it was beyond my knowledge of networking.

omv configuration for Network A is:
    eth0
    IP 192.168.1.102
    Subnet 255.255.255.0
    Gateway 192.168.1.254

omv configuration for Network B is:
    eth1

I learned that a system can't have more than one default gateway so I setup a static route for the computer(s) on Network B I wanted to be able to access omv's services.
    192.168.1.100 via 192.168.1.1 dev eth1

This allowed my desktop on Network B to successfully ping omv on Network A but, thats all. I couldn't access any of the services like the webui, samba shares, plex, etc.

The only thing I can guess is that none of the services are configured to bind to eth1. Is there an easy way to fix that without re-configuring all the services? Am I even going about this the right way? Any help would be much appreciated.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Ok I've read again if you want Lan clients of network A(dsl modem router) to reach clients on B(tomato) they'll do it through omv. So you need a two static routes one in router A and one in B and forwarding enabled (I think is enabled by default now).
    tell me when you have the two different subnets ready and different ip assigned to omv. You have to leave one with static with no gateway.

• I just want to make sure we're on the same page. I don't want the lan clients from the two networks to be able to connect together. I just want both networks to be able to access the OMV machine.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I just want to make sure we're on the same page. I don't want the lan clients from the two networks to be able to connect together. I just want both networks to be able to access the OMV machine.

Yes i know. Just make sure there are different subnets for each router. One one card setup a static ip with no gateway, the other one with dhcp or static but with gateway (and dns). Depends on what inet access you want to use is the one you want to put the gateway.

• Awesome. Works perfectly. Thank You subzero79 for the help.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!