Just installed OMV on Iomega NAS Cloud Edition - Now What???

• So I managed to find a thread made by Stefan Seidle(???) found here (http://stefanseidel.info/OpenMediaVault) that helped me gain access to a dead Iomega 1TB Home NAS - Cloud Edition HDD. Using the web interface, I am able to see the drive and it is currently mounted. It is using OMV version 0.3.0.20. My questions are thus:

• is there a way to update the OMV version to the latest version using a plug and play USB?
    • how do I access the drive, and the information on it from OS X? (I can't seem to map it)
    • how do I format the drive and make it accessible for usage?

I am a fetus at this so thank you ahead of time for extending grace for my ignorance... and if I am way over my head with this please let me know as well. Thanks!

Romar

• Offizieller Beitrag

1 - You can update to 0.5 but nothing newer due to the dependency on Debian Squeeze. Plug and Play USB won't need to be used. It has been a while but I think you just need to change the tag in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault.list to sardaukar, apt-get update, apt-get dist-upgrade. Check posts in the forum for accuracy.

2 - OS X can access the system via ssh (if enabled from the web interface) or via samba and afp.

3 - If the OS is not on the drive, you format the drive in the filesystems tab, mount, create shared folders, create users, give permissions, use those shared folders in samba and/or afp.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thank you for the direction with addressing point 3. I don't know how to begin with point 1 (again, not even newb). I was able to get it formatted, established users, given permissions, etc. Is there a way to be able to access the shared folders on the drive through the Finder GUI or is only using Terminal? I have SSH, NFS and FTP protocols all enabled. I am able to "see" the drive using FileZilla (FTP) as well as the server command on OS X but am unable to read or write to the drive. I have checked permissions and home folders, shared folders... everything should be open for access and writing. Is there a log file for me to produce that might give some better insight into what may or may not be setup properly. Thanks in advance.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I mentioned samba (smb/cifs) and afp. You used nfs and ftp. What am I missing?? Mac OS X finder will natively find samba (Apple owns samba) and afp shares.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!