plexmediaserver: unrecognized service

• Today i installed a plex pass update to PMS, via terminal now i retrieve this error when try start PMS

Code
    plexmediaserver: unrecognized service

the update code is this

any idea ho to put PMS working again

• You installed an Ubuntu package. Get this one and install it.

Code
    wget http://shell.ninthgate.se/packages/debian/pool/main/p/plexmediaserver/plexmediaserver_0.9.15.1.1639-26325ea-debian_amd64.deb
  • Download that link above.. All you have to do is copy it. I even have the wget on it already. Do this:

cd /opt
    then the wget line, you can copy it and then right click in putty and it will paste it.
    dpkg -i plex (then press TAB and hit ENTER)

after it is installed:
    cd /opt
    rm plex (press TAB and then press ENTER)

• I try to remove the PMS plugin, it gave-me error, but the plugin disappears from plugins tab, now when i try install it i have this

but then the PMS shows again on plugins tab, when i select it another erros shows

Code
    Error #3003:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to get configuration (xpath=//services/plexmediaserver)' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/plexmediaserver.inc:82
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/services.inc(63): OMVModulePlexMediaServer->getStatus()
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceServices->getStatus(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('getStatus', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('Services', 'getStatus', Array, Array, 1)
    #5 {main}

when try to enable the plugin it shows "Gateway time-out"
    i think i fucked up, any way to resolve this

• First you need to get that package installed so you can purge it.
    Where is your plexmediaserver folder??? It is looking for it here:
    /media/d59f24e8-9f7c-412f-a605-05fa1406e1cc/plexmediaserver/

• You can't configure it but maybe replace it.

cd /opt

Code
    wget http://shell.ninthgate.se/packages/debian/pool/main/p/plexmediaserver/plexmediaserver_0.9.15.1.1639-26325ea-debian_amd64.deb

dpkg -i plex (then press TAB and hit ENTER)

after install:
    cd /opt
    rm plex (then press TAB and hit ENTER)

You have to get this package installed. Not the Ubuntu link you were messing with.

• I use run PMS on windows and i had a 16GB Backup that i move th the OMV before update and when i open the web ui of plex my content of windows server was not there, so i did not know if the folders are ok

• You mean your database??? The plexmediaserver folder? I am not sure if you can move the database from windows to linux (omv). Their permissions are totally different. If you did this that is why the server will not start.

• yes the folder, now pas is running but is has no media, configured. the PMS folder will stay on /media/d59f24e8-9f7c-412f-a605-05fa1406e1cc/ or will be moved to the OS drive?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!