Slow Transfer Speed on OMV

• I am new to OMV let alone Linux. I am currently having issues boosting my transfer speed to my server. Currenty, I am only getting around 11.3mb/s. I have everything wired on CAT6, the switch ism't gigabit but I honestly dont think its the switch, the Router is Gigabit. Its on a closed network and I have no idea what to do to fix it. The system ins't in Raid. Any Suggestions??

AMD FX-4130, Gigabyte 78LMT, VanTec 4 channel Raid, 16gb HyperX DDR3 1866, WD Black drive (Planning on linking second one for stripped)

• If the switch is in between the router or server, you only get 100mbit which is roughly your 11,3 mb/s transfer speed. I bet, if you connect your PC / Notebook via ethernet to your router, you get gigabit. Or exchange the switch with a gigabit one.

• Well damn! That was it! I didn't think the switch would have had that major of a effect on it. Man i feel stupid! Thanks for the help! Now i have to get a gigabit Switch for everything!

• Actually I have a new problem now, I get around 110mb/s now but when i go to move a file over to the server, It starts at 110mb/s and half way through the transfer it will dip down to nothing. What is the issue with this?

• I've tried many different files. And they arent corrupted. And its mainly with video transfers. And I have tried it with 1 big file and a group of files. When i do a group it will transfer 3 of the 8.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!