Problem with sending email notification

• Hello,

I have an issue with the email notification system. It has been working for about half a year now without any issue (and I didnt change anything), but since yesterday I start getting "error messages".

When I try a test mail out of openmediavault, it says "Email succesfully send", but I receive this:

Funny enough: I do get the email on the desired receipientadress (no idea how this works...) How can I debug this? Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

Regards,
    Linkin

edit: I would guess web.de changes something - but I think others are using web.de too, and I am the only one having issue - right?

• I had the same issues with may 1und1 account:

This is the mail system at host FX160.localdomain.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
    be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
    delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

<admin@FX160.localdomain> (expanded from <admin>): host
    smtp.1und1.de[212.227.15.167] said: 550-Requested action not taken: mailbox
    unavailable 550 invalid DNS MX or A/AAAA resource record (in reply to RCPT
    TO command)

• Many, but not all email systems will reject mail coming from sender addresses that are not fully qualified. Try using the recipient address also as the sender address instead.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• I too have experienced this problem in the last few days...where the email does get to the intended destination but it also generates an undelivered email as well. I'm sending to a Gmail address.

Zitat

Many, many email systems will reject mail coming from sender addresses that are not fully qualified. Try using the destination address also as the from address instead.

This is how I've had it set up, so not sure what's going on.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I use gmail on a couple of systems and my paid email on some others. No issues. Depends on your ISP and the notification setup.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Something I realized this morning in my most recent Snapraid email notification from the snapraid-diff script is that the bcc: field is getting populated by "MAILER-DAEMON@localdomain" and that seems to be causing the undeliverable email. The diff script looks like it it should only using the primary and secondary addresses. Hmm.

• Something I realized this morning in my most recent Snapraid email notification from the snapraid-diff script is that the bcc: field is getting populated by "MAILER-DAEMON@localdomain" and that seems to be causing the undeliverable email. The diff script looks like it it should only using the primary and secondary addresses. Hmm.

... same here with gmail (sender and recipient but different accouts) and snapRAID notification emails:

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

MAILER-DAEMON@xxx.localdomain

• I'm also getting an undeliverable mail to MAILER-DAEMON@localdomain, after running omv-snapraid-diff script. Here is the mail command in the script:

Code
    mail -c "$OMV_MAIL_secondarymail" -s "$1" "$OMV_MAIL_primarymail" < $2

Since i don't have configured a secondary mail address, the variable $OMV_MAIL_secondarymail is empty and "-c" option is invoked without an argument. This seems to cause mail to send an additional mail to MAILER-DAEMON. Removing the "-c" option in the script, solved the problem for me.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!