• Offizieller Beitrag

Well, I figure it's time to put some pics up of my NAS. All in all, I'm pretty happy with it.

Case -- Antec Sonata Proto
    Power supply -- Antec 400w HCG-400M
    Motherboard -- MSI 760GM-P23
    CPU -- AMD 2.8ghz Sempron 145
    Memory -- 8gigs of 1066mhz Corsair

System drive
    2.5in 80gig WD80BEVT

Storage Drives (JBOD)
    2x2tb WDC WD20EARX
    1x250gig Seagate ST3250410AS

Plugins used:
    Rsync
    Minidlna
    BitTorrent
    FTP
    itunes/Daap
    Samba

I gotta fix the wiring up behind the shelf, but I've got to buy some new shorter cables, etc.. and haven't gotten around to it. Comcast was kind enough to give me 100ft of coax cable for a 4ft run, so..lol (actually it's about 30ft, but it's WAY to much). It's on my list of things to do next week.

My NAS streaming a movie to my 360. Bonus points -- All nerds should know what that movie is.. do you? I don't think it was super popular, but I enjoyed it.

Hope you enjoyed. Please don't criticize my camera work.. I know I suck.. :)

• Zitat von "tekkbebe"

Were you able to open up the 2nd core on your sempron 145? I have mine open and it was stable. Makes quite a difference, especially using virtualbox plugin.

How do you determine that both cores are being utilized ? I have the HP N40L which has the AMD Turion™ II Model Neo N40L, i was under the impression its architecture was based around the Sempron?

Thank you

Drew

• Here is a list of unlockable amd cpu's:

http://www.overclock.net/t/100…ckable-cpu-reference-list

Just because it's on the list does not mean the additional core will function properly. You also need a southbridge sb-710 or higher to do this. Anyone attempting to open up an additional core should unplug all hard disks and run memtest for like 3 passes, with 0 errors, before they consider it stable. Hard drives should be disconnected when adding additional memory or changing memory timings too. Then test your system with Memtest before connecting the hard drives. You download an iso and burn it to cd. Then boot machine from cd.

http://www.memtest.org/

On most Asus motherboards for these cpus the bios will detect if it is possible to open an additional core. You will have an option on the bios splash screen to hit 4 to activate the core. On other motherboards consult your manual. I did an ECS build for my mom's friend like 3 weeks ago and it was kind of tricky to find it in the bios. Usually it is just 1 setting in the bios that needs to be turned on.

The Turion II is a dual core processor. This feature is not available on this cpu. To check how many processors you are using you can use this command in cli:

cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep processor

0 is the 1st processor
    1 is the 2nd processor
    etc...

PS- Note difference in benchmark scores on AMD Sempron 145 before and after core unlocked. I'm sure there is a big boost in performance when using one virtual machine with 1 core assigned to it as well.

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=AMD+Sempron+145
    http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cp…MD+Athlon+Dual+Core+4450e

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "KM0201"

Nope. I honestly wouldn't even know where to start.

I use a Kill-a-watt plugged into the wall and my UPS plugged into that.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• @tekkbebe

couldnt find any info on your OMV build. I guess you have the sempron unlocked; but did you try to undervolt?
    I'm thinking of building a NAS was looking into similar configs to compare power consumption. 45-50 W seems a lot for a idle system.

• My system is an unlocked sempron 145. It idles at 47 volts. I have not undervolted and don't want to. I'm happy with energy vs. performance where it is at now. This does not mean you cannot undervolt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!