Remove USB drive file system

• I plugged in a USB drive and mounted the file system. After I was done with it I unmounted the file system but now I am unable to delete the file system from the file system tab and now I have a entry under file systems that is not a valid entry as the USB drive is no longer connected. I don't think this is affecting the server but I would still like to remove the entry. Any thoughts?

• I'm not sure what the proper OMV way of doing it is, but I suspect you have to remove the filesystem first (but don't wipe it, unless you want to really do that), then unmount the device.

But I installed the usbmount package here and it handles all of this for me automatically, and cleanly. You may want to try that.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• I'm not sure what the proper OMV way of doing it is, but I suspect you have to remove the filesystem first (but don't wipe it, unless you want to really do that), then unmount the device.

But I installed the usbmount package here and it handles all of this for me automatically, and cleanly. You may want to try that.

I would guess that since the plugin did not add it it wont delete it. I'll try that later thanks.

You might want to look into this topic.

Appreciate the note Famban but that is about mounting the FS. It is not mounted so that is fine, now I just need to delete it somehow.

• To get rid of it you might try the following:

Plug the drive back in and let it mount. Then delete the filesystem - be careful not to wipe the drive if that option is presented. Then unmount the device.

If the above doesn't work to get rid of it cleanly, then the only other way I know is to edit /etc/openmediavault/config.xml file. Be careful if you go there, make a backup copy first.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Remove a drive from omv is just unmount from the Web panel. That way you don't have orphaned entries in config.xml. If you press delete the command behind that button is wipefs, you can already imagine what that does.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!