Problem mounting filesystem

• When creating the files system using EXT4 I get this

I switched to xfs and it goes through and formats. However when I click mount I get this.

Total drive space is 35.41tbs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• The output from the file is:

This is the current message I get. This is when trying to mount the file system.

Code
    Failed to execute command 'sudo mount -U 8f015c86-1f40-459f-a9a3-d20441dbd8cc':
    Error #4000:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'sudo mount -U 8f015c86-1f40-459f-a9a3-d20441dbd8cc': ' in /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/filesystemmgmt.inc:715
    Stack trace:
    #0 [internal function]: FileSystemMgmtRpc->mount(Array)
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(265): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(98): OMVRpc::exec('FileSystemMgmt', 'mount', Array)
    #3 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(44): OMVJsonRpcServer->handle()
    #4 {main}
  • log stripe unit is to large, this will not be the issue as it is automatically corrected. But how does it happen, that the log stripe unit is set to 512KiB where only a maximum of 256KiB is supported? Have you created this filesystem with OMV GUI?

Everything is possible, sometimes it requires Google to find out how.

• Yes I created it all inside of the GUI. The system currently has 24 3tb drives that are running as JBOD and I created the raid 5 inside OMV. I thought the problem may have been from the 2tb sas drives I had. I replaced all the drives with 3tb Seagate sata drives. The software raid is at 81% resync currently. Does this have to be done before it will let me create a filesystem?

• Offizieller Beitrag

24 3 TB :shock:

You can start the format before it is done but it really slows down everything.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

You can always create the file system from the command line. OMV should see it.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hmm,

not really. What you could have done (and what does not make any sense anymore) is creating a Raid5 with missing parity. So this is available immediately and can be used. You can then later on resync it.

But as you now have it nearly completed, wait for the remaining some percent well be done soon.

Everything is possible, sometimes it requires Google to find out how.

• Getting this now:

Code
    The configuration object is not unique: A mount point already exists for the given filesystem
    Error #3005:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'The configuration object is not unique: A mount point already exists for the given filesystem' in /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/filesystemmgmt.inc:682
    Stack trace:
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(265): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(98): OMVRpc::exec('FileSystemMgmt', 'mount', Array)
    #4 {main}
  • And here is another after trying to mount agian.

Code
    Failed to execute command 'sudo mount -U 8f015c86-1f40-459f-a9a3-d20441dbd8cc':
    Error #4000:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'sudo mount -U 8f015c86-1f40-459f-a9a3-d20441dbd8cc': ' in /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/filesystemmgmt.inc:708
    Stack trace:
    #4 {main}

Is there anyway someone could message me via hotmail, aim, facebook etc?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!