Old logical volume showing up when creating luks container (GUI)

• :( Hi,

Migrating my data from a logical volume to an union filesystem, I had a problem removing the filesystem of the logical volume (which consisted of only one disk at this point).
    In despair, I wiped the disk with gui (fast method). After that in LVM plugin, everything was gone, which was good as far is I know. The filesystem was still showing up on GUI, and impossible to remove so I followed a post on this forum and removed it from /etc/fstab and /etc/openmediavault/config.xml, and it was gone from gui.

Now I want to create a Luks container on this harddisk but from the GUI, the only device showing up for that is my old logical volume (/dev/POOL-vg/POOL which symlink to /dev/dm-0), I can't select my freshly wiped harddisk....

Could you give me advice on what to do at this point?

Thanks,

• Offizieller Beitrag

I think it means the old lvm is still available. Have you use the the lvm manager to delete all logical partitions and volume groups?
    If you use the quick wipe, I don't think it will flush an lvm or raid. A long wipe yes, but that takes several hours. So try first the lvm manager.

• Actually, once I was home, I tried to power down my server, and after powering it up, everything was fine. No trace of the old LVM, and I could setup my luks container as I expected to.

Thank you for your help.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!