How to install Seafile with MySQL and SSL

• when I add users to seafile, the server does not send the confirmation emailand pw assigned, I tried changing "seahub_settings.py" adding the following lines:

Code
    # Email Sending
    EMAIL_USE_TLS = True
    EMAIL_HOST = 'smtp.google.com'   
    EMAIL_HOST_USER = 'USER_NAME@google.com'
    EMAIL_HOST_PASSWORD = 'USER_PW'
    EMAIL_PORT = 587
    DEFAULT_FROM_EMAIL = 'USER_NAME@google.com'
    SERVER_EMAIL = 'USER_NAME@google.com'

(as explained by tiny_x7) (may be that I have not changed 587 to 465 :-Pany way google send me email similar " some software tray abuse you account...."
    someone has solved ??
    ---------
    OMV 3.0.46 (Erasmus) - MySQL 3.x - Seafile 6.x Proliant N36L RAID Mirror 2x 1,5TB *** I love test beta software ;) ***
    ---------

• Hi,
    I got Seafile 6.0.x running on my OMV-Server, but I don't know how to activate HTTPS?

I have Nginx (this is used by OMV for the webgui and is installed at default?) and Apache2 installed. I didn't do anything on any config-file of both webservers, but the seafile-WebGUI is running. How can I activate HTTPS?

• You can either create your own certificate or use Let's Encrypt.
    Next, go to your Nginx Seafile settings, and select the appropriate SSL cert from the drop-down menu.
    Then go to your Seafile admin settings, and put in your own URL.

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

• Greetings new friends. Newb alert. I've got OMV working on a Pi3 and all seems well. So I'm trying to get seafile going too now. I'm stuck on setting the seafile data directory here:

Zitat

- When asked for the Seafile Data directory use the full directory path to the Seafile-data folder you created in Part 1 Step 2 and append /data to the end of the path e.g.
    /media/fa8088ed-5de5-4c2c-b4dc-d84abe3dd7ec/Seafile-Data/data (/media/your-number-is different/Seafile-Data/data)

How do I find the proper path for my own setup? I'm not able to figure that out.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von tkserver () aus folgendem Grund: typo

• Thanks to sieben and nibb. That worked. I've now got seafile running and have no idea what to do next LOL. It's running and OMV is running. Not sure how to setup or access the data now!

• After getting OMV and Seafile running I can't write files to my SMB directories from my Mac. Also I'm not super impressed with the UI of Seafile. All uploads have failed with no explanation as to why. Perhaps same permissions reason. And one can't cancel an upload once it starts, so I often get a spinning wheel, forever. Maybe I'll look at NextCloud.

• I have a fresh install of 4.1.10, only changes have been the instructions on the first page plus install java-jre as requested by the seafile installer. I followed everything to a t aside from the mysql data dir, seems you cant specify that from the plugin anymore. The problem im having is the step where you have to enter the root password for mysql, I can login to the mysql console from the root user account but from the seafile user account it will not allow it. How can I fix this?

• Does anyone know how to change the mysql data folder? I have the same problem as above and I feel it's because the app doesn't let us choose where the data folder is anymore (as that is the only step different that we can't follow)

• I have a fresh install of 4.1.10, only changes have been the instructions on the first page plus install java-jre as requested by the seafile installer. I followed everything to a t aside from the mysql data dir, seems you cant specify that from the plugin anymore. The problem im having is the step where you have to enter the root password for mysql, I can login to the mysql console from the root user account but from the seafile user account it will not allow it. How can I fix this?

This is still a real problem. It will simply not allow any other user but root, and apparently the only account you can access is omvadmin. Is there any way to get around this to install seafile? The script doesnt allow any other change to any other user.

• Ok, i finally got Seafile 7.0.5 to work with OMV 4.1.27

I roughly followed baldman's tutorial, but there are a some extra steps you have to take:

0. Shared Folders

Your Shared Folders are now under "/sharedfolders/YourShareName/"

1. fix MySQL install

OMV uses the the User "omvadmin" instead of root, so we have to fix the install script.
    First Reset your MySQL Password via the OMV-WebUI and make sure user "omvadmin" can login.

Than, before running the "./setup-seafile-mysql.sh" install command you have to edit the file "setup-seafile-mysql.py" (line 483):

Python
    def check_mysql_user(self, user, password, host=None):
            print '\nverifying password of user %s ... ' % user,
            kwargs = dict(host=host or self.mysql_host,
                          port=self.mysql_port,
                          user='omvadmin',
                          passwd=password)

[...]

change the line "user=user;" to "user='omvadmin';"

The installation is now working.

2. fix Nginx

It seems like Fastcgi is not working any more, so we have to fix that also.
    Follow the Ngix install, but use the following code for the Extra options:

Skip Part 7 where you set the fastcgi=true in "/etc/init.d/seafile-server"

3. Desktop-Client

If you want to sync via the Desktop Client, you have to check the option "dont check server-cert via https-sync" under Options -> Advanced.

Im guessing this could be resolved with an non-self-signed SSL-cert.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!