How to install Seafile with MySQL and SSL

• You don't need a password, as there is no password for this user.
    So you cannot sign in with this user via ssh for example.

If you're connected/signed in as root, just execute this command
    su - seafile -s /bin/bash

And you are signed in as seafile-user

OMV 5.x | Banana PI (M1) | Seafile Server
    OMV 4.x | ShuttlePC SH55J2

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von sieben ()

• I got error: 502 Bad Gateway after boot up.
    It only work with port 8000 if I restart .sh.

Code
    ls -la /etc/init.d/seafile-server
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1860 Jun  3 18:55 /etc/init.d/seafile-server

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von tinh_x7 ()

• @tinh_x7 We need more information to be able to help...
    What is the output of netstat -tulpen after you started nginx server and seafile server?
    And what do the seafile logs tell you?

@baldman:
    In the very last part Step 7. There is no need to reboot the system.
    Simply test nginx config and restart the service (as I am not using the nginx plugin: I'd guess that the service is restarted after you save your new settings in the plugin anyway)

nginx -t
    service nginx restart

• I"m looking at the netstat, my SSL ports and port 8000 are not started on startup.
    After I ran it, I still can't access my port 7443.

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von tinh_x7 ()

• tcp6 0 0 :::7443 :::* LISTEN 0 1769697 3135/nginx

This shows you're using IPv6 protocol, that should be the reason.
    I can't tell how to change that with the nginx plugin, I'm not using it, sorry.

• My ipv6 is disabled in the OMV & in router.
    I try again with the installation, when I signed in as seafile in SSH and download the package, it's said permission denied.
    @ Part 2.

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370

• Then the seafile user doesn't have sufficient permission in the current directory.
    You are in the root "/" directory --> no permissions for seafile user.

You should install seafile either to the home directory of seafile /home/seafile/
    or like the tutorial says:
    in /opt/seafile (create this directory with root and give seafile-user the permissions)

• Then the seafile user doesn't have sufficient permission in the current directory.
    You are in the root "/" directory --> no permissions for seafile user.

You should install seafile either to the home directory of seafile /home/seafile/
    or like the tutorial says:
    in /opt/seafile (create this directory with root and give seafile-user the permissions)

If you follow the tutorial seafile will get /opt/seafile as home directory.

you can use

Code
    cd ~seafile

to go to the seafle home directory.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• is -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1860 Jun 3 18:55 /etc/init.d/seafile-server suppose to be root:root or seafile:users?
    My SSL ports are working for OwnCloud/Pydio, but not on Seafile.

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von tinh_x7 ()

• is -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1860 Jun 3 18:55 /etc/init.d/seafile-server suppose to be root:root or seafile:users?

Code
    tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:8000            0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      0          1780896     -

root.root if correct.

What is running on port 8000. Can you try with your browser to access http://<OM>:8000/ ?

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• So you have finished part 3 of the tutorial.
    Next would be to change fastcgi=fals to fastcgi=true in /etc/init.d/seafile-server and to configure nginx.

• I just want to add this to the tutorial>>
    Reset admin password through email or you can reset it from the server, if applicable, with this: /seafile/seafile-server-latest/ ./reset-admin.sh

1. Go to:  nano /opt/seafile/conf/seahub_settings.py

2. Add the following (Change the appropriate settings accordingly):

For Gmail, try port 465.

For Yahoo:

Code
    # Email Sending
    EMAIL_USE_TLS = True
    EMAIL_HOST = 'smtp.mail.yahoo.com'   
    EMAIL_HOST_USER = 'abc@yahoo.com'
    EMAIL_HOST_PASSWORD = 'xyz!'
    EMAIL_PORT = 587
    DEFAULT_FROM_EMAIL = 'abc@yahoo.com'
    SERVER_EMAIL = 'abc@yahoo.com''

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von tinh_x7 ()

• Hi Baldman,

May i please kindly ask for your help...

I installed omv-erasmus on an odroid c2 (the specs says 64 bit).
    I was able to install pydio through the kind help of tinh_x7...

I wanted to try sea file also, and thus tried to follow your guide...

however...my MYSQL plug in does not show a data directory drop down menu....(as shown on my attachment)

i went on with the guide though... when i reached the step..

- Hit enter to finish the Seafile installation

i get this error message on the terminal

what do I do now... i tried to google the error errno 8 and they seem to say there is no shebang line on the python script... i don't even know what a shebang line is, more so how to fiddle with the script...

thanks very much for your time and assistance...please bear with me as i am not an IT person...

• You are not using the right seafile binary for you odroid. Linux can not execute it.
    Please note that erasmus runs on jessie which has a different init system, so the init script might fail too.

• Thank you Zoki,

i tried to install the raspberry pi ISO on the odroid c2 running on erasmus... and it failed too.

The installation worked though if i use the raspberry pi ISO on an older Odroid C1 running on Kralizec (wheezy)... and thanks to people like you, get to learn something new everyday..

the only problem is, i can't seem to upload files on the seafile server... there is no settings menu on the admin page as shown on the tutorial... attached is an image of my web admin interface....

also using this command....nano /opt/seafile/conf/seahub_settings.py
    from the tutorial shows an empty file...

i hope you can help figure out how to upload files, thanks again very much...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!