remote share plugin - CIFS VFS: Server X has not responded in 120 seconds

• I just installed a couple of new VM's on my OMV VirtualBox host and after about 10 min in the console on the VM I get the error:

CIFS VER: Server 192.168.1.254 has not responded in 120 seconds. Reconnecting....

192.168.1.254 is the main OMV virtualbox host and my fileserver. Once I get this error, it never reconnects and I have to reboot the VM to fix the error.

I am using the remote shares plugin to map a share back to the main FS at 192.168.1.254 and the VM ip is 192.168.1.252. Everythign works for like 20 min and then it dies. Any thoughts?

• I think some more background on your environment is needed. What are these new VMs you mention? What OS? Can you connect to the CIFS shares after 10 mins from an external machine such as a laptop? If I am not mistaken, you want to map local directories inside the VMs. You should be able to map local paths in VirtualBox instead of using the remote shares plugin. Can you try that and see if it resolves your problem?

• Using OMV as base OS for VM images so debain. I have a win10 machine and that machine does not have these same issues only the VM running OMV. I use the remote shares pluging to map the shares to local resources in the VM. So the VM runs NZBGet and it saves the data to the remote share so it goes to the FS (host machine).
    Any assistance is appreciated.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!