DSI display connector
    microSD card slot
    Dimensions: 85 x 56 x 17 mm

• Would like to see:
    USB 3.0
    Gigabit LAN
    SATA
    RTC

With RTC I would not care if you had to pay extra for a battery attachment but the chip to do this should be built in.

• Offizieller Beitrag

odroid-c2 is still better than RPi3. RPi3 ethernet is still connected to usb. RTC is on C2 but not RPi3.

Need an xu4 if you want usb3 which is fast enough to eliminate need for sata.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I agree.. I know they can't put everything on it because of price point. But I wish they had more expensive version that had more features. The community is huge for the RPi. I will get an Odroid.

BTW, my Pogoplug v4 died.... :( Was perfect WOL device for my other machines but I have had the RPi 2 there for some time.

• I pre-ordered the Odroid-C2 yesterday so hope to get that next month. Double the ram and a bit faster than the C1. Plus an extra video core. Should be a nice upgrade.

If you want SATA then check out the Banana pi pro - http://www.lemaker.org/product-bananapro-specification.html although its not as powerful as a C1 it does have SATA so may be better for OMV. Its about $45 at http://ameridroid.com/t/lemaker

It would be nice to have a fast SSD connected as I bet it would seem a LOT faster.

• I have to agree that the Orange Pi packs better specs for a little bit more. Here in Germany you can get it for ~48€ and it supports Debian out of the box, and it seems to be compatible with the Raspberry pi images.

Custom mini-ITX build
    Coolcube Mini, Intel Desktop Board DQ77KB, Intel Core i7-3770S, 8 GB DDR3 Ram, 64 GB Trascend mSata SSD (OS), X3 1TB HDD pooled + parity

Dell Optiplex 960 sff (deprecated) - link

Dell Optiplex FX160 (repurposed) - link

"If you can't find it in Google, it simply doesn't exist!" - The Internetz

• Offizieller Beitrag

The RPi3 will be compatible with the RPi images once I get my RPi3 and update the images. It just needs a newer kernel.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Keep in mind that the RPi3 still only has a single USB Host and that the Network speeds will remain on the same level as with the RPi2.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• The original C1 lacks proper CEC Support (there is a hardware problem which requires soldering). Only relevant if you want to use the C1 as a Media Center, the C1+ has this fixed in hardware. C2 on the other hand is based on one of the first 4K/60Hz support which is already known to have trouble with 10bit media - which is supposed to have a wider usage compared to 1080p material.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• chente

Hat das Thema geschlossen.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!