Failed to mount Filesystem

• Hi,
    I just installed OMV on my BananaPi M2 and connected two 5TB drives to it.
    I wiped both from the web interface and created a Linear Raid. Then I created a filesystem (ext4) which I cannot mount. I get the following error:

Code
    Failed to mount 'cf7cb48e-ca92-4ef8-8c4a-5dbdaee8ad4d': mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/md0, missing codepage or helper program, or other error In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try dmesg | tail or so

In the details section I found:

The first error suggested to

Code
    dmesg | tail

which gave me the following output:

Code
    [   17.106554] Bluetooth: RFCOMM ver 1.11
    [   17.114495] Bluetooth: BNEP (Ethernet Emulation) ver 1.3
    [   17.114510] Bluetooth: BNEP filters: protocol multicast
    [   17.114528] Bluetooth: BNEP socket layer initialized
    [   90.844334] md: bind<sda>
    [   90.897448] md: bind<sdb>
    [   90.908881] md: linear personality registered for level -1
    [   90.910764] md0: Warning: Device sdb is misaligned
    [   90.910791] md0: Warning: Device sda is misaligned
    [   90.910901] md0: detected capacity change from 0 to 10001962138624

After that error I deleted everything and created it again but the same error keeps coming up. I made sure that everything is ready before making the next step by waiting till the disk spun down.

I suppose that the error is "Device sda/sdb is misaligned". How can I fix that?

Best regards,
    Daniel

• Offizieller Beitrag

You are really making a linear raid array with two 5 TB drives? That is a lot of data to lose if one fails = lose all data.

Maybe you did something before it finished formatting. I would try formatting from the command line. mkfs.ext4 /dev/md0

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thanks for your reply.
    I tried to create the filesystem from the command line (and no error while creating it) but it's still the same error. After that I also reinstalled OMV completly new but it didn't change anything.

Linear Raid with 2x5TB is ok for now as I'm trying to get used to OMV and experiment with it before using it in production with important data.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You are using a BananaPi for production??

Not sure why it isn't formatting correctly. Try wiping both disks and formatting them individually. You could use the unionfilesystem plugin to pool them.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Not a good idea to use a BananaPi as a Home Storage Center?

I checked the drives and on the first one are two partitions (first 2048 GB, second 2609 GB) and on the second drive has one partition which spans over the whole drive.
    The two partitions should not exist, am I right?

• Should not even carry one partition technically if you do a linear raid.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!