Cron-apt errors on 0.4.38

• Hi Guys,

I am running 0.4.38 (Fedaykin) on an Iomega CE (ARMv6). Kernel identifies itself as Linux 2.6.31.14-hmnhdce-+v5. The system is running very nice and stable for nearly 2 years now.

Recently I got this error message.

CRON-APT RUN [/etc/cron-apt/config]: Fri Mar 4 07:35:26 EST 2016 CRON-APT SLEEP: 3367, Fri Mar 4 08:31:33 EST 2016 CRON-APT ACTION: 0-update CRON-APT LINE: /usr/bin/apt-get update -o quiet=2
    W: Failed to fetch http://ftp.debian.org/debian/d…ze/main/source/Sources.gz 404 Not Found
    W: Failed to fetch http://ftp.debian.org/debian/d…/binary-armel/Packages.gz 404 Not Found
    E: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

Any ideas what is going on and what needs to be changed?

Your support is very much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Michael

• Offizieller Beitrag

While Debian Squeeze (omv up to 0.5) is still maintained for i386 and amd64 arches as squeeze-lts, it is not maintained for arm arches anymore. No idea if you can run Debian Wheezy on that box but that would let you continue to use it. Otherwise, you will need to look for new hardware unless you don't care about security updates (bad idea).

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thanks guys,

I don't want to update to 0.5. I think I tried this when I started but never managed to get it working. I am happy with the way it is. The box is not exposed to the internet.

Do I understand you correctly, there are no more updates to 0.4.38? The looking for updates is pretty pointless, ain't it? How can I disable the search for updates?

Michael

• Offizieller Beitrag

Updating to 0.5 wouldn't help you either. You would need to update the OS to Wheezy and OMV to 1.x/2.x.

There are no updates for OMV older than 2.x.

I think the box needs updates because it is probably used by computers that do connect to the internet. But, if you want to risk it...
    as root
    rm -f /etc/apt/sources.list.d/*
    echo "# no repos" > /etc/apt/sources.list
    apt-get update
    No repos to connect to means no errors.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!