My installation drive is always full

• So my USB flash drive is always full :/
    Previously it was full due to Plex storing the metadata in there but I fixed it.
    But now i have no idea why its full..
    Theres only 400mb free

Can anyone shed some light here?
    If i cant fix it maybe I can clone it to an old 2.5" HDD

• Offizieller Beitrag

Are you running the flashmemory plugin?
    Are you running any rsync jobs?
    Yes, you could clone the drive to another drive with Clonezilla. Then you could expand the partition with gparted live.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Did you check the /var/logs directory? Depending on how long you are running OMV already and how much space you want to free, there might be some large log files or collections you don't need anymore.

OMV 5.x | Banana PI (M1) | Seafile Server
    OMV 4.x | ShuttlePC SH55J2

• Just ran a quick command to check what was taking up space.

This is the folder that is taking up all the space...

It's like the 3rd time that this happens!
    Plex is setup on my 3TB HDD! last time this happened i completely erased all plex data and set it up properly

EDIT: As you can see below plex is setup on my 3tb hdd!

• How have you been upgrading your PlexMediaServer??? Do you do it in the Plex UI??? I've never had this issue and I run Plex for like 3 years, or so, with the plugin.

• Yeah, it sucks.. Wait a minute and I slightly alter the instructions.

OK... now go ahead. I think this is because of the usb drive. Maybe it is not mounted fast enough all the time so plex is creating a new database. I would almost use a delay or some type of check before plex is started. This has to be related to you using the usb drive.

• @tekkb It's running now and I have 3.45gb free on my flashdrive.
    Now I'm also able to see plex on my pc, i couldnt see it before when it was full, only on my TV and raspberry pi.

I'll check if the size increases on the USB drive, but it shouldnt :/

• Unless you have issue with the mounting of the external drive at boot. Then it is likely recreating a database on the system drive.

How can I check if I have problems at boot?
    it's turned on for 13 straight days at the moment but since I don't have an UPS or any emergency power maybe theres an issue im not aware of

EDIT: All my HDDs are sata connected, but I'm using a USB flashdrive for the OS.
    I have 2 old 2.5" that I can put in there for the OS. Would that fix this?

• Anytime you see weird shit and you are using usb stick suspect the stick. Best I can tell you.

If you at some point move to a SSD or HD I would not recommend cloning the system drive (if using a usb stick). I would install from scratch.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!