Plex Trouble

• I have had plex running just fine since I first installed OMV (nearly a year ago) and then last night I started having issues. I could not get the server to start (I installed a channel from the plex forums right before this behavior).

My library had become very unorganized anyways so I figured why not go ahead and just start fresh with plex?

So I uninstalled via the web gui,

ran the following commands

Code
    apt-get --purge remove openmediavault-plexmediaserver

apt-get --purge remove plexmediaserver

userdel plex

Then after that I rebooted my machine, and once everything loaded back up I reinstalled plex via the web gui.

I clicked to open plex in a new tab, setup went smooth, so I added my first directory to a library. Everything was seen and scraped.

I came back to my computer a short while later to open up plex again and add another directory, and this is where things starting going wrong.

The plex gui opens fine (ipaddress. :32400/web/index.html) but my plex server is unreachable!

I can connect to friends servers but not my own, I tried to /etc/init.d/plexmediaserver command and rebooted my machine but no luck

I have seen a few other related threads here so I thought I would go ahead and share the stat and id command of my plexmediaserver directory

Code
    root@openmediavault:/media/66c05684-aa8a-4f28-bc47-b1f10a2070f5# id plex

uid=111(plex) gid=115(plex) groups=115(plex)
  • Probably just added some files (file types) the server does not like or some are corrupted. You should think about what you have added recently. Remove recent items til you find the offenders.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!