Mount smb share from not attached drive

• Hi,
    I plugged an usb drive in my netgear router and enabled it via smb so I can access the drive via //toshiba/USB_Storage.
    How can I manager this share and see it on my raspberry with OMV?

• //192.168.0.1/usb_storage is not a Hostname, IP address, or fully qualified domain name.

Try using just the IP address instead.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• I tried,
    only router ip (192.168.0.1)
    but I still get this error:

• Your mask seems to lack one option though, and thats the name of the remote share:

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• The remote share must rely on a "Shared Folder" that require a "Volume" and a "Path".
    I have an Rpi2 with an usb drive (externally powered) attached so in "volume" drop-down I have

• data (3.72GiB available);
    • ScreenPlayHD (29.4GiB available) <---- this is the usb drive

If I create a new "Shared folder" in "data" volume and a I create a "Remote share" with the proper config I have a folder in /media/fa36508a-b3c4-4499-b30a-711dd5994225/smb_readyshare but with only 3.72GB of free space despite of I have a 1TB disk attached to the router and shared via samba with the network.

How can I see all this space and see this samba drive as a local folder?

• @ryecoaaron Am I missing something? His GUI part looks slightly different.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Offizieller Beitrag

When guest is enabled, it hides the username and password fields. usb_storage should not be in the server field either.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• The remote share must rely on a "Shared Folder" that require a "Volume" and a "Path".
    I have an Rpi2 with an usb drive (externally powered) attached so in "volume" drop-down I have

• data (3.72GiB available);
    • ScreenPlayHD (29.4GiB available) <---- this is the usb drive

If I create a new "Shared folder" in "data" volume and a I create a "Remote share" with the proper config I have a folder in /media/fa36508a-b3c4-4499-b30a-711dd5994225/smb_readyshare but with only 3.72GB of free space despite of I have a 1TB disk attached to the router and shared via samba with the network.

How can I see all this space and see this samba drive as a local folder?

Now I'm able to configure a remote share, but now I have the issue related to the shared folder "connected" to the remote share

• This is the scenario:

• Remote Share rely on a Shared Folder defined in OMV (first picture, label "Samba share will be mounted as this shared folder");
    • Shared Folder must be configured to rely on a Volume and the only Volume I have in OMV are

• data with 3.72GiB of free space that is a sd card partition done by OMV during installation;
      • ScreenPlayHD that has 30GiB of free space and it is an usb drive, attached directly to the rasp;
    • I have a 1 TB usb drive attached to the router, with 931GB of free space shared via samba by the router;
    • if I mount the samba share manually via ssh with
      Code
      sudo mount -t cifs //192.168.0.1/usb_storage /mnt/ready_share -o sec=ntlm

I can see it in terminal, with 931GB of free space and I can write on it;

Code
      df -h /mnt/ready_share/
      Filesystem                 Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
      //192.168.0.1/usb_storage  932G   0G  932G 0% /mnt/ready_share

The problem is that due point 1 and 2 when I define the new Shared Folder to be used by the Remote Share I must choose a Volume and when I select one of the two available the shared folder free space is tied to the volume free space: despite of my samba share has 931GB of space, when I configure it to use the Volume "data" I'm limited by the "data" free space.
    I cannot write more than 3,72GiB of files

• @ryecoaaron Seems to be a generic problem of Samba reporting the free space of the reshare point instead of the source which has much more space?

Greetings
    David

• @subzero79
    I don't understand, what have I to do?
    Maybe I made confusion, I mounted the remote samba share via terminal with che command

Code

and all is fine.

When I configure the "remote share" in OMV I have to connect it to a "Shared Folder" that is related to a "Volume" that limit the free space of the remote share to its available space.

• I have the router that "publish" a samba share.
    To use it in OMV I have to define a "Remote Share", that need e "Shared Folder" that rely on a "Volume"
    I defined all as shown in pictures http://forums.openmediavault.o…?postID=108947#post108947
    The issue is that when I move via terminal to the "shared folder" on the "data volume" and I copy files they fill the 3,72GiB of space instead of filling the remote share that has 931GB of free space.

• Offizieller Beitrag

From the picture that you posted you should be copying files into this path

/media/<uuid>/smb_readyshare2/

To use the volume from the usb disk in the router.

If you copy files into this path /media/<uuid>/ you'll be using the sdcard space with only 3.x gb left.

Please mount the samba share with the remote plugin and post here
    df -h

• I'm copying files in /media/fa36508a-b3c4-4499-b30a-711dd5994225/smb_readyshare_2 and, despite of it is the shared folder related to the remote share I cannot copy more than 3.71GiB.

As you can see the last line

Code
    //192.168.0.1/usb_storage  932G  105G  827G  12% /mnt/ready_share

is the router samba share mounting point mounted manually via

Code
    • Offizieller Beitrag

My guess is the remote share is not mounting the share after save and apply. So you're writing to the SD card actually.
    Unmount all the samba shares and add your custom fstab entry in /etc/fstab for cifs share pointing to an empty folder in /media/uuid/, don't use the plugin
    Reboot and check the remote server is mounted. Start moving contents.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!