VDR Plugin: no usable card found

• Hi @all,

this is my first post, because OMV is a great system and since now I got everything working as I wanted it to work, even by searching other threads ;)
    I'm using Linux/Debian only on my NAS, so I hope I can explain the steps I took clearly.

I'm want to use an Edision DVB-T2/C USB stick to record TV and stream it to XMBC clients. According to other threads the driver of DVBsky T330 should work. So I installed them on my system (using the Backport Kernel 3.16).
    The Problem is, that the VDR-Plugin doesn't recognize the stick, I'm getting this message when trying to search for channels:

For more information here's the in-/output:

Code
    root@ZION:~# ls /dev/dvb
    adapter0

Code
    root@ZION:~# dmesg | grep DVB
    [    1.444992] usb 3-4: Product: DVB-T2/C USB-Stick
    [    3.016145] usb 3-4: dvb_usb_v2: found a 'DVBSky T330 USB Stick' in warm state
    [    3.016198] DVB: registering new adapter (DVBSky T330 USB Stick)
    [    3.041781] usb 3-4: DVB: registering adapter 0 frontend 0 (Sit2 DVB-T2/C)...
    [    3.064240] input: DVBSky T330 USB Stick as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:16.2/usb3/3-4/rc/rc0/input6
    [    3.064296] rc0: DVBSky T330 USB Stick as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:16.2/usb3/3-4/rc/rc0
    [    3.064303] usb 3-4: dvb_usb_v2: 'DVBSky T330 USB Stick' successfully initialized and connected

I also tried installing TVHeadend according this thread. There the Stick is found, but it doesn't find any channels. I assume it's the same problem.
    Anybody out there who can help?
    Thanks a lot!

• Additional info:
    There are to options building the driver for the stick. One for combined dvb-t/c use, one only for dvb-t. With the first TVHeadend only showd me the Stick as dvb-t device.
    In the VDR-Plugin it's the same problem.
    Currently i'm trying the second driver on a nearly clean system from a backup (only OMV-Plugins used), withTVHeadened removed.

• Seems it will not be easy, when the commands ends it says there's nothing to scan:

• Just as an information: From Kernel 3.19 on, the DVBsky T330 driver is included.

Looks like your card is working and recognised but no channels are found. Do you want to use DVB-T or DVB-C? As you are scanning Cable, I guess DVB-C. Is your cable connected correctly? Did you use the right country code (you are in Germany? ;) )
    Have you tried a config from here?
    http://vdr-wiki.de/wiki/index.…egorie:Channels.conf_DVBC

Overwrite your channels.conf and then restart VDR.

If you want to use w_scan, make sure you have the latest version.
    1) Download from here: http://wirbel.htpc-forum.de/w_scan/index2.html
    2) Compile

Code
    cd $SOURCEDIR
    tar xfj w_scan-<version>.tar.bz2 && cd $SOURCEDIR/w_scan-<version>
    ./configure
    make
    make install

3) Start with: ./w_scan_start.sh

[edit]
    If you want to change interfaces of the card (DVB-T/C) you have to use dvb-fe-tool which is in dvb-tools package:
    dvb-fe-tool -d DVBC/ANNEX_A

• Heyho,

last time I gave up getting vdr to work.

Now I'm on OMV 3.0 and giving it a next try ;)

This time the problem seems to be somewehere else. I don't get a response from live and streamdev-plugin pages ("No site found"), VDRAdmin-AM tells me it couldn't get a connection to locahost and I should check svdrphosts.conf. I checked that file and allowed the correct machines.

In VDR-Plugin I created a recording folder and set up correct read-write privilegs.

Then I checked the syslog, this seems to be weird, have a look:

The firmware seems not to be loaded but dmesg tells me:

Code
    root@zion:~# dmesg | grep DVB
    [    1.573773] usb 1-1: Product: DVB-T2/C USB-Stick
    [    4.061008] usb 1-1: dvb_usb_v2: found a 'DVBSky T330' in warm state
    [    4.061076] DVB: registering new adapter (DVBSky T330)
    [    4.085742] usb 1-1: DVB: registering adapter 0 frontend 0 (Silicon Labs Si2168)...
    [    4.117387] input: DVBSky T330 as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:12.2/usb1/1-1/rc/rc0/input6
    [    4.117801] rc rc0: DVBSky T330 as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:12.2/usb1/1-1/rc/rc0
    [    4.117806] usb 1-1: dvb_usb_v2: 'DVBSky T330' successfully initialized and connected

Beside the firmwareproblem vdr seems not to work right (from what I see from the syslog).
    Does anybody have an idea how to get it working?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!