phpvirtualbox unknown php error

• Hi

yesterday night i tried to install the virtualbox plugin on a newly installed omv 2 machine. Omv 2 + Updated via webgui. phpvirtualbox failed all the times.

Today I made a clean install of omv 2.1 and installed the virtualbox plugin without updating. Everything
    worked. I could access it via phpvirtualbox. Install my vm......

After that I updated OMV 2 via the webgui and after that phpvirtualbox gives me the same error like yesterday night.

Code
    An unknown PHP error occurred. This is most likely a syntax error in	config.php in phpVirtualBox's folder. The most common errors are an unclosed	quote or a missing	semicolon in a configuration item that has been entered (e.g.	location, username, or password).

Depending on your PHP configuration,	navigating directly to config.php in your web	browser may display the PHP error message.

If find that this is not the case,	or have no idea what this error message means, please raise the issue	athttp://sourceforge.net/p/phpvirtualbox/discussion/help/

The vbox is running and and i can access it via ssh. Only phpvirtualbox not. Tried chromium and iceweasel.
    When I click the link to the phpconfig file in the error msg it is empty.
    What am I doing wrong?

2nd question: I tried it first with omv3 but ran into reproducable probs with the dnsmasq plugin. Is there a way to report it on github without creating an account?

Thx

Elysium

• Offizieller Beitrag

1 - Try the following:

omv-mkconf nginx
    omv-mkconf php5-fpm
    service nginx restart
    service php5-fpm restart

2 - OMV3 is beta and the dnsmasq plugin is even more beta. Why don't you want to create an account? While I would the issues on github, you can post it here is it is major. OMV 3 is still changing sooo much that I'm not really worried about bugs right now because the plugins are going to have to change a lot and bugs may not apply then.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

1. I wish people would use tab complete or ls. Then my typo wouldn't cause problems. There is no - in that line. omv-mkconf php5fpm

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

Not your fault. Would just save you (and me) time :)

I guess you had an nginx update that changed a few things. OMV and the virtualbox plugin don't know about nginx updates. So, the config files might have needed to be updated or just restarted. I should have had you try restarting the services first (or reboot).

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!