Permissions for DLNA shares

• Greetings, I've been having trouble understanding what kind of permissions I need to give my shares. I don't seem to have any problem creating a user to access shares via SMB, but I also have MiniDLNA plugin serving a folder of videos. The folder appears empty from pretty much any device (Android phone, Roku 3).. It's easy enough to type in a username/password when connecting to an SMB share but I don't have options to add login info from most DLNA clients. Any suggestions on how I can set the permissions of the share I want to access via DLNA? Thanks. I'm running it on a Raspberry Pi B+.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The plugin adds the minidlna user to the users group. So, the files just need to be accessible by the users group. If you use the default permissions on the shared folders you use in minidlna, it should find the files just fine.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Cool, thanks for the reply. I gave up on it for the night, and found that in the morning it was working. I guess it must have just needed some time to index the contents... or something like that (?)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yes, minidlna has to create an initial database of the media files. If you have large bluray rips, it can take a long time.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!