Automated TV Downloads

• I've been running Transmission with a push from Showrss.info for several years now. They recently migrated to a new site and the transmission push feature has been removed. So now I'm having to manually check the rss feed for new episodes.

So now I have questions:
    1. Is there anyway to make transmission read the rss feed to automatically add the new episodes and download them?

2. If not, is there another plugin available that will do what I want?

Thanks in advance.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is there anyway to make transmission read the rss feed to automatically add the new episodes and download them?

Transmission doesn't read rss feeds

If not, is there another plugin available that will do what I want?

There is a plugin for sonarr, sonarr is designed for TV shows using rss feeds. For movies maybe couchpotato, there is a plugin also. For managing both flexget might be a good an alternative, but it has a very very steep learning curve.

• I was in the process to do a youtube video on my setup that I think works GREAT. But I'll quickly write out the steps I use.

Software,
    1. OMV( of course)
    2. SickRage
    3. Some custom scripts.

SickRage(SR) I have this setup running on a external VPS server(because I have a few other friends using the application as well, but it does work on OMV directly. I have tested it out). I have subscribed to several tv shows. SR downloads the .torrent files, not the actual TV show, just the torrent file. I have a automated cron to build a RSS feed based on what .torrent files are in a directory. Back on my OMV at home. I have another script that grabs the files from the RSS feed places them into the transmission directory which in turn has them autodown, once they are downloaded I have another script that moves the completed downloaded TV shows into my PLEX directory.

Thats pretty much it in a nutshell. It's totally handoff setup. I don't need to visit websites to download torrents. It's pretty much like a PVR setup. Normally within 10-20mins after the show airs the torrents are pickup and sometimes within 30 mins I can be watching my fav tv shows. Great thing about having SR on the VPS(and I'm sure you can do this as well on OMV opening up a port) I can connect remotely, from work for example, and add a new tv show I may have just found out about. Add the new TV show, force it to download all the episodes , and by the time I get home they are all ready to watch on PLEX.

https://sickrage.github.io/

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!