How do i use kodi headless?

• sorry, i don't know how is the right place for the question.
    When i use the kody-headless-dockerfile on my nas whot do i do on my mediastation like tablet or media pc? Have everybody a tutorial?

omv 6.x | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 6.x |
    used plugins: omv-extras | portainer | rsnapshot | antivirus
    used container: portainer/portainer | nextcloud/all-in-one | linuxserver/swag | paperless-ngx | jellyfin/jellyfin | lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver | adguard/adguardhome |

• Hi,

nothing ;)

kodi-headless is meant to be a "headless library scanner" meaning it can scan your files and add them to a MySql DB so your client like a Raspberry PI with OpenElec does not have to do it. So it helps moving some load off of the Raspberry, ...
    Playing the files is still done via the above mentioned OpenElec client or something different.

OMV 2.x - Kralizec // Hardware: HP Microserver N54L, 4GB RAM, 2x3TB WD Red - RAID 1, Sandisk SSD 60GB for system

• okay, i must setup my DB in Kodi or openelec to the OMV. That is all?

used container: portainer/portainer | nextcloud/all-in-one | linuxserver/swag | paperless-ngx | jellyfin/jellyfin | lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver | adguard/adguardhome |

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von happyreacer ()

• okay, i must setup my DB in Kodi or openelec to the OMV. That is all?

I once used the docker image the way that I had a MySql DB on the OMV system and had both, kodi-headless and OpenElec use this DB. So it's kind of shared between the two clients. So kodi-headless does scan the movie files and creates the entries in the DB. You can even use the watchdog in the docker image so kodi-headless will (almost) immediately add a DB entry for a new movie added to the filesystem. Once you want to watch a new movie with OpenElec you don't need to run "scan library" so the movie shows up there you can just play it as it's already in the DB.
    So you must configure both, kodi-headless as well as the OpenElec system via an advancedsettings.xml to use a MySql DB.

OMV 2.x - Kralizec // Hardware: HP Microserver N54L, 4GB RAM, 2x3TB WD Red - RAID 1, Sandisk SSD 60GB for system

• Thanks!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Another option of the headless kodi is that it also serves as a upnp server. So you can just fire a kodi instance in the network and it connects and the db is just there ready with content for playback. No sources or advancedsettings configuration.

• tanks, too @subzero79

• Another option of the headless kodi is that it also serves as a upnp server. So you can just fire a kodi instance in the network and it connects and the db is just there ready with content for playback. No sources or advancedsettings configuration.

Oh, thanks! Didn't know that ... ;)
    Only used that docker image as a headless library scanner ....

• Hi

I’m also having problems with the setup.

I already have a sql database running in my house, where all my computers connect to it, and my media in a NAS.

It all works ok, but I want to install a headless kodi so my database updates automatically.

I have the DB on 192.168.0.110
    And my media mapped on an smb connection. My path for movies is smb://NAS/Movies/

The first thing I noticed is that kodi-headless doesn’t load the web interface when I put 192.168.0.100 as my database, in advancedsettings.xml

My guess is that the docker container can’t see that 192.168.0.100.

My other concern is that kodi-headless wont be able to see the samba paths.

Thanks for the help.

• Resurrecting a dead thread but hoping for help.

Have the headless running great in a docker, connecting to the we interface via 8080 I can see and interact with Kodi. So far so good.

Confirmed in kodi.log that advancedsettings.xml which I updated is connecting to MySQL but it's not showing me any movies or TV shows. I've tried 0.0.0.0, 192.168.1.xxx (my server's IP, which didn't seem to work) and 127.0.0.1 (which did the same as 0.0.0.0, looked clean in log, but shows no media in the web interface).

What am I missing? Help?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!