Plex Media Server - error on reinstall

• Hi All,

I originally installed Plex a while ago, but uninstalled it when I had some issues and was unable / too lazy to fix. Now I've decided I want to give it another try, but am getting errors when installing the plugin.

Running OMV 2.2.2
    omv-extras plugin/repo installed, plex is visible. I get the below error when trying to install:
    Note: the drive starting 'ae94abf0' is old and no longer present, probably why it cannot find this directory.

Then upon reloading the page, I get this error repeatedly until I uninstall the plugin again.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!

• Another guy had this same error on a bpi. What device or cpu are you using??? The plexmediaserver is not starting. The plugin is trying to stat the library folder and it is not there because plex is not starting. The library and other files/folders are created upon starting plex.

Basically, the plugin will not install until the plexmediaserver is installed correctly.

Give results of:
    cat /etc/passwd | grep plex

• There should be a condition folder check in postinst. Try this

<code class="inlineCode">mkdir -p /media/ae94abf0-6fb3-4859-a8be-4b28eabf21c5/plexmediaserver/Library</code>

thentry to install the plugin again

This seemed to work. My guess is that when I uninstalled (removed the plugin) the first time, something was saved pointing to the old hdd. By creating the old folder path, I was able to re-install then change the path to a current hdd. Thanks for the advice!

• I have the same problem. A while ago, I had PlexMediaServer @ my OMV4. Then, I've deleted this plugin. Today, I was trying to reinstall PMS again.
    I've encountered this problem:

After refreshing OMV web-admin, this error code pops up:

Executed command systemctl status plexmediaserver.service gives this result:

• This is an excerpt from syslog:

Code
    Nov 21 13:50:16 OpenMediaVault systemd[1]: Starting Plex Media Server for Linux...
    Nov 21 13:50:16 OpenMediaVault sh[2953]: /bin/mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support’: Permission denied
    Nov 21 13:50:16 OpenMediaVault systemd[1]: plexmediaserver.service: Control process exited, code=exited status=1
    Nov 21 13:50:16 OpenMediaVault systemd[1]: Failed to start Plex Media Server for Linux.
    Nov 21 13:50:16 OpenMediaVault systemd[1]: plexmediaserver.service: Unit entered failed state.
    Nov 21 13:50:16 OpenMediaVault systemd[1]: plexmediaserver.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
    Nov 21 13:50:21 OpenMediaVault systemd[1]: plexmediaserver.service: Service hold-off time over, scheduling restart.
    Nov 21 13:50:21 OpenMediaVault systemd[1]: Stopped Plex Media Server for Linux.

It seems like some process is trying to create folder and subfolders inside /var/lib/plexmediaserver/ and cannot do it due to restrictions.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!