F@#ked up raid6 after trying to shrink...

• After going along this guide

http://www.starcoder.com/wordp…nux-software-raid-volume/

trying to shrink my 15 disk raid6 down by one disk.

After step 9 I rebooted the omv box normaly and saw that RAID management tab was empty.
    After trying to troubleshoot the issue with tips from here -> https://raid.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/RAID_Recovery

I'm left with a fucked up raid that displays weird stuff on the GUI. (see attachments)

There is data in that RAID that I would rather not lose if possible... (if not already lost)

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated...
    Thanx in advance...

• Code
    root@tank:~# cat /proc/mdstat
    Personalities : [raid6] [raid5] [raid4]
    md127 : active (auto-read-only) raid6 sdp[13] sdo[12] sdn[11] sdm[10] sdl[9] sdk[8] sdj[7] sdh[6] sdg[5] sdf[4] sde[3] sdd[2] sdc[1] sdb[0]
          11719563264 blocks super 1.2 level 6, 512k chunk, algorithm 2 [14/14] [UUUUUUUUUUUUUU]

unused devices: <none>

• Code
    root@tank:~# mdadm --detail --scan --verbose
    ARRAY /dev/md127 level=raid6 num-devices=14 metadata=1.2 name=tank:127 UUID=d0627724:2ebc74cd:9a617e41:9dc2f5e2
       devices=/dev/sdb,/dev/sdc,/dev/sdd,/dev/sde,/dev/sdf,/dev/sdg,/dev/sdh,/dev/sdj,/dev/sdk,/dev/sdl,/dev/sdm,/dev/sdn,/dev/sdo,/dev/sdp
  • This is fantastic.

Thanx again for all the advice and support.

(sarcastic is the fact that this post got NO answers whatsoever in 10 days, and not this reply) .

I really don't have the words to thank you guys enough.

• Offizieller Beitrag

And posts like this make us want to help you even more... We are just volunteers.

I am the one who usually answers RAID posts and my wife has been in the hospital. Excuse me for not checking the forum more.

Shrinking an array is always dangerous. Shrinking a filesystem is even more dangerous. I would never do it without a backup. I really hope you didn't use the --create --assume-clean idea.

What is the output of:
    mdadm --readwrite /dev/md127
    cat /proc/mdstat

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!