Move couchpotato data dir

• I've been searching all over the net and the forum... sorry if I missed but how the heck do I move the data dir that couchpotato uses? There is a field for it in the Advanced settings but it does not seem to listen to it and instead it keeps using the /home/couchpotato/.couchpotato directory.

• I figured out that the service is being start with the --data-dir parameter being passed in. Problem is it is being passed in as /home/couchpotato/.couchpotato which means the setting in the couchpotato settings.conf for data dir is being ignored.

Is there any way to modify how the script starts the service?

• Bump... I'm not as familiar with how the plugins work... how can I find out and change how the plugin is starting the couchpotato service so I can tell it to use a different data directory?

• So in the end, I just used symbolic links to get the result I needed. I'll post here for other people's benefit should they wish to do that same or have the same scenario.

Background:

I have an SSD as my install drive and it is not very large (nor is it protected effectively in terms of backup). I want to have all my app data in the storage pool.

service couchpotato stop
    mv /home/couchpotato/.couchpotato <NEW_LOCATION_OF_DATA_DIR>
    ln -s <NEW_LOCATION_OF_DATA_DIR> /home/couchpotato/.couchpotato
    service couchpotato start

Overall, this gets me the result i want and Couchpotato seems to work fine so far. Only drawback is that the CP Backup function in the OMV WebGUI seems to be hardcoded to having the settings dir @ /home/couchpotato/.couchpotato also. When you do this, the Backup button just backs up the symbolic link instead of the files. However for me this is ok since the files now reside in a protected storage pool and if my install disk died I would ACTUALLY just want the symbolic link restored anyway.

• Moving the couchpotato data dir will be available in the next version (3.x)

Just to say that i have been afk a lot over the last month or so but should be around a lot more now and hope to start working again on the OMV3 version of the plugins.

[align=center]banner@1x.jpg
    What I am watching/watched on my Popcorn Hour media player
    omv 2.1.1 stoneburner | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 1.29
    MySQL (Percona[size=8]) | Newznab | Sonarr | CP | HP | NZBget | YAMJ | CUPS

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!