wanting to start over with a fresh install but not lose my snapraid array. How do I do it?

• My current OMV install has a bunch of cruft built up from me trying various plugins, some failing some working but not being what I wanted... I was wanting to switch from booting off of an internal sata to off of an external 1TB USB drive so I figure I might as well just start fresh. I'm worried that I'll lose my snapraid array and aufs pool if I do that though. How can I export that or if I boot off of the new drive is it trivial to point it at the existing drives and go from there?

• Offizieller Beitrag

snapraid and aufs act on top current mounted fs. You should not lose anything. Just make sure when you're reinstalling to disconnect the data drives except for the target OS one, this to avoid formatting the wrong drive.

When you boot omv, you'll have to reconfigure snapraid and aufs. So just make sure you know which UUID holds the parity one (i don't use snapraid but I understand is important to use it again as the parity one)

Have in hand a usb flash drive maybe to boot systemrescuecd in case OMV grub install fails, i am know that under certain conditions this might fail specially using a usb flash drive installer and usb target disk.

If you have any issues you can ask here or in the IRC channel

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!