Will OMV3 be running on Stretch/Debian9?

• Hi,

sorry to ask so far in the future, but I'm planning some projects and this would help for my decision.

As far as I could read on the blog/forum, OMV for Jessie is not ready and will not be in the near future. In mid 2017 Debian Stretch will be stable (see https://wiki.debian.org/DebianStretch). I know that OMV3 is a lot of work due to Systemd change that will not be the case for switching to Debian9.

Can I assume that OMV3 will also run on Stretch when it will be released? For my projects I'd like to run stable software (not to confuse with hopelessly outdated) like now.

At the moment I find myself compiling backports because some things don't work with 4 year old wheezy versions. I don't want to start new NAS projects with the next oldstable release.

Cheers,
    Johannes

• No, OMV 3.x is on Debian 8.x only!
    I Think a step to debian 9.x is a nev Mayor Version in OMV but in a long future!

omv 6.x | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 6.x |
    used plugins: omv-extras | portainer | rsnapshot | antivirus
    used container: portainer/portainer | nextcloud/all-in-one | linuxserver/swag | paperless-ngx | jellyfin/jellyfin | lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver | adguard/adguardhome |

• Offizieller Beitrag

so basically Stretch has to become the new old-stable for OMV to run on it? ;)

I think this time it will be faster. Commits for 4.0 core are in sync with 3.0. Few people are testing it, but the package is there.
    I have one bug to report regarding the nfs section but I haven't submitted yet.
    Hopefully there will be no big under the hood changes (db and systemd for example) so plugins can be ported easily. As usual is better to wait for the stable cycle to reach .2 or .3 version before proceding.

• Offizieller Beitrag

so basically Stretch has to become the new old-stable for OMV to run on it?

Why do you need Stretch?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I think this time it will be faster. Commits for 4.0 core are in sync with 3.0. Few people are testing it, but the package is there.I have one bug to report regarding the nfs section but I haven't submitted yet.
    Hopefully there will be no big under the hood changes (db and systemd for example) so plugins can be ported easily. As usual is better to wait for the stable cycle to reach .2 or .3 version before proceding.

that's a good thing to hear! once I have the hardware for my second OMV box I'll knock on your door again to see if I can lend some assistance with testing of 4.0.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!