Connecting OMV PC to ethernet causes internet loss for other devices

• Hi,

Ive had a strange problem develop over the last 3 weeks or so. I was losing internet connection randomly with laptops and pcs around the house. It was slight at first, then it gradually got worse.

I updated my firmware on the ASUS rt-ac 56r router I have around this time.

I thought it was my Time Warner Internet, so i called them, they sent new modem. Still problem persisted.

I then began disconnecting single items from the network to try and isolate it. I even took my switch out of the equation altogether and plugged everything to the ports on the router.

I have discovered that its my NAS pc. If I plug the NAS up to the back of the router, the internet drops on my windows pc as well as any wi-fi devices. If I unplug the ethernet cable from

the back of the router, my internet connection returns on those devices.

I can access the NAS locally from other devices.

The NAS is on a statip ip connected to the router that has dhcp enabled and both modem and router are in non-bridged mode. Firewall is on in the asus router. (I had it bridged with dhcp off so I could access nas remotely until these problems started).

Running Kralizec 1.19 on the omv and using an INTEL nic instead of the on-board lan.

I should also note that the lan port light constantly blinks when i hook the nas ethernet cable back up to the router port. I wonder if a service has caused this issue such as ssh, etc

• Offizieller Beitrag

Does the onboard nic ones shows the same behavior ?

i have seen similar problems before here in the forum. I remember a user ended up changing his nic, assuming it was faulty.

i would recommend you to update the kernel to backport, you can do that with omvextras with a press of a button. That would push kernel driver module to a new version.

Check also the exact model of the intel
    card to see if there is an update to the driver outside of the kernel tree, that you build/install manually.

I would also recommend to examine the running process list to look for any dodgy process that might look like malware. The most common one is a process with no word name, is just random letters like "yahqjfiqjd"

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!