Openmediavault is the the winner in a Linux voice magazine

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• That's always good news to hear about OMV outside from here!
      Thanks to people who keep this up!

Greetings,
      Guillem
      DISCLAIMER: :!: I'm not a native English speaker, I'm sorry if I don't explain as good as you would want. :!:

My NAS:
      Always the latest OMV Erasmus running on an AMD Sempron 3850 @1.3GHz with 4.9.0 Backports Kernel
      with 120GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO for OpenMediaVault & 2x500GB Primary Data HDD + 1TB Secondary HDD for Backup & 2TB USB 3.0 External HDD for offline backup

Plugin list:
      Flash Memory, Locate, OMV-Extras.org, RSnapshot, Sensors, Syncthing, SMB/CIFS, SSH, USB Backup
      _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Schrödinger's code is that one which is going to work and it's full of bugs at the same time; until you test it, you won't be able to determine it.
    • Have a look at This article (in Spanish). They also take OpenMediaVault as an example for converting a cheap RPi to a NAS!

As @WastlJ said, expect some new SPANISH users here posting in the RPi section :thumbsup:

Edit: I'm going to translate for the ones who want to know what does it say about that:
      Display Spoiler
      OpenMediaVault is one of the Linux distributions with the best acceptance and "experience" in the NAS world. It also has a Raspberry Pi version, so we can use our device (the RPi) as a home-made NAS which we can manage without having to mess around with difficult or complicated configurations inside other systems as Raspbian. It's all done from a web browser as well as most of other NASes out there with advanced operating systems.

DISCLAIMER: :!: I'm not a native English speaker, I'm sorry if I don't explain as good as you would want. :!:

My NAS:
      Always the latest OMV Erasmus running on an AMD Sempron 3850 @1.3GHz with 4.9.0 Backports Kernel
      with 120GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO for OpenMediaVault & 2x500GB Primary Data HDD + 1TB Secondary HDD for Backup & 2TB USB 3.0 External HDD for offline backup

Plugin list:
      Flash Memory, Locate, OMV-Extras.org, RSnapshot, Sensors, Syncthing, SMB/CIFS, SSH, USB Backup
      _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Schrödinger's code is that one which is going to work and it's full of bugs at the same time; until you test it, you won't be able to determine it.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Lord Wektabyte ().

• tekkb wrote:

On the subject of the RPi.... Can anyone recommend an emulator for ARM that will work on OMV??? I don't want to use QEMU on my Windows laptop.

An RPi3 is the best emulator I have found :D
      Other than arm hardware, qemu is your only option.
      omv 5.1.0 usul | 64 bit | 5.3 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.1.5
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!