WOL I´m really hopeless

• Hi

It´s my first post. I´m spanish, so I try to write correctly.
    I´ve installed OMV on my NAS. I try to activate Wake ON Lan, but it´s imposible.

Firstly, my motherboard is a MSI G31M3. It´s support WOL. I´ve configured it properly. I´ve installed Windows 7 and I´ve checked WOL and It works. I´ve installed nas4free and I´ve checked WOL and it works. too. So, I think the bios configuration is correct.

Secondly, I´ve installed OMV 2.1. That´s all right, but WOL doesn´t work.
    I´ve activated WOL in network->interface-> eth0. Then, I switch off the NAS by webGUI. Afteward, I´ve sent a magic packet (by android app) and It happened nothing. I´ve been trying about 2 days, but nothing.

Thirdly, I suspend (standby) my NAS and I sent a magic packet later.... and It works!!

So, I don´t know it happen....

Could anyone help me?

Regards

• Thank you tekkb.

I´ve upgrated the kernel to the backports, now it is Debian GNU/Linux, with Linux 3.16.0-0.bpo.4-amd64.
    I´ve tried to do WOL and it didn´t happen anything...

Any ideas?

• It is older motherboard I see. Give me output of this command.

cat /etc/network/interfaces

Yes, I know it, but WOL it works on other NAS systems...
    And when I suspend my NAS it works... but when I power off It doesnt works

#The loopback network interface
    auto lo
    iface lo inet loopback

#eth0 network interface
    auto eth0
    allow-hotplug eth0
    iface eth0 inet dhcp
    dns-search vallecas
    pre-down ethtool -s $IFACE wol g
    iface eth0 inet6 manual
    pre-down ip -6 addr flush dev $IFACE

Thanks you

• Take a look at your BIOS Settings. Maybe there is an option you can switch on/off. If not, the Mainboard does not support WOL while it is completely shut down.

I think motherboard support WOl because on my Windows 7 I can use it and I tested on free4nas and it works... if my motherboard doesnt support, it ´d work on windows 7 or free4nas, would it?
    And I´m using the same BIOS configuration that on windows 7

• Did you try it using a static ip??? Your motherboard supports WOL or it would not have worked on Windows and Freenas. WastlJ probably didn't read everything.

I mentioned it being an older motherboard because a newer kernel will probably not help.

• Yes, the IP is static. My router has 192.168.0.3 reserved for motherboard MAC
    To be honest, I dont understand why it doesnt work on OMV, it isnt logic

It´s as OMV dont shutdown properly with the option WOL

• Even though you have the static lease set in your router still set the ip, netmask and gateway for the NIC in OMV. I don't know if it will work but try. Gateway should be your router ip. Set your DNS Server to your router ip and Search domain to 8.8.8.8

• Do you have a spare pci NIC laying around you could try? It is a driver issue you are having. It is not leaving your NIC on when you shut your machine down. It is leaving it on in standby.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!