Greyhole --> Red Dot after reboot

• OMV 2.x
    • Resolved
    • Greyhole --> Red Dot after reboot

Hi,

I am running the newest Greyhole plugin along with Snapraid and everytime I reboot my HP Gen8 Microserver a red dot appears for the service status. If I run

Source Code

1. wget http://omv-extras.org/debian/pool/main/o/openmediavault-greyhole/openmediavault-greyhole_2.1_all.deb
      2. dpkg -i openmediavault-greyhole_2.1_all.deb

the red dot is gone but back after the next reboot. Not sure but greyhole seems to be working fine and there is nothing suspicious inside the log file (OMV WebGUI).

Any ideas?

Cheers
      Moritz
    • red dot is back after reboot and this is the output:

Source Code

1. mysql 2957 0.1 1.0 363324 42492 ? Sl 06:30 0:00 /usr/sbin/mysqld --basedir=/usr --datadir=/media/f55b4ae4-ae25-49db-ae75-f83565d07bdd/greyholeSQL/ --plugin-dir=/usr/lib/mysql/plugin --user=mysql --pid-file=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid --socket=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock --port=3306
      2. root 3233 0.0 0.3 162124 13900 ? SN 06:30 0:00 /usr/bin/php -d open_basedir=/ /usr/bin/greyhole --daemon
      3. Moritz 8098 0.0 0.0 9904 916 pts/0 S+ 06:32 0:00 grep grey

and the command "dpkg -l | grep greyhole" tells me

Source Code

1. ii greyhole 0.9.67-2 amd64 Drive pooling technology for Samba
      2. ii openmediavault-greyhole 2.1 all OpenMediaVault Greyhole (Storage pool server) plugin
    • Greyhole is running but the way the plugin determines if it is running is faulty. It looks for the phrase "is running" in the output of /etc/init.d/greyhole status to determine if greyhole is started. What is your output of: /etc/init.d/greyhole status
      omv 4.1.22 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.15
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • Not sure why the service indicator is wrong then. Nothing you have to work about because the command you just executes is more accurate.

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
    • Uh no. That command just gives you a status. You don't need to do anything if you reboot. Greyhole is running just fine. The indicator in the web interface is wrong.

• sry, was talking about the command from my first post

Source Code

1. [font='Consolas, 'Courier New', monospace; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19.5px; white-space: pre-wrap']dpkg -i openmediavault-greyhole_2.1_all.deb[/font]

but you're right, the indicator is wrong but Greyhole is running. There is no need to execute this command again after reboot

Sorry for the confusion :)