3.0.13 to 3.0.18

• Offizieller Beitrag

The upgrade is broke most likely because you're using plugins that are adapted to the new version.

You need to go here https://github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/

and observe which plugins had recently been committed and to include in their code the new datamodel feature. Plugins with more than 20 days since the last commit are more likely to not be ported yet, and installing them will bring engined down, webUI broken.

And don't forget there is no crying here for support using 3.0

• Offizieller Beitrag

Unless you uninstall the plugins, you have to update both at the same time. Otherwise, you will have problems. The upgraded plugins depend on OMV >= 3.0.15. If you manually upgraded the plugins first, OMV would have lots of errors if it were 3.0.13.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I normally do it from command line with apt-get dist-upgrade but selecting all packages from web interface would work as well.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Are you supporting my Odroid C1+ ? :D Im installing 3.0.19 and coming from a fresh install

Edit:
    I installed with "apt-get install openmediavault-keyring", should it be "apt-get install openmediavault-keyring postfix" ?
    Edit 2: even after another fresh install and postfix i have still the same problem

• Offizieller Beitrag

What is the output of dpkg -l | grep openm

• I can't SSH into the server since as soon as i reboot the odroid, the SSH stops working (i guess due to omv). Btw, i get this message when loading the WebGUI. If i press a lateral menu fast enough i dont get the message but everything is pretty much broken (SSH can't be turned on for example)

What i can try is to install it with

Code
    export LANG=C
    export DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive
    export APT_LISTCHANGES_FRONTEND=none
    apt-get update
    apt-get install openmediavault-keyring
    apt-get --yes --force-yes --fix-missing --auto-remove --allow-unauthenticated \
      --show-upgraded --option Dpkg::Options::="--force-confdef" \
      --option DPkg::Options::="--force-confold" --no-install-recommends \
      install openmediavault
    omv-initsystem

and then try your command before rebooting. Will it be enough?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Just start ssh from local login with systemctl start ssh. Then you should be able to login via ssh

• sorry for the late answer here's what i get right after the installation ends

Code
    [...]
    Job for watchdog.service failed. See 'systemctl status watchdog.service' and 'journalctl -xn' for details.
    [...]
    Restarting engine daemon ...
    Socket error -- Connection refused
    Cannot connect to the monit daemon. Did you start it with http support?
    [...]
    root@odroid-jessie:~# dpkg -l | grep openm
    ii   openmediavault                 3.0.20                     all          Open                                                   network attached storage solution
    ii  openmediavault-keyring         0.4              all          GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive

Code
    Jun 02 16:38:47 odroid-jessie sh[23289]: modprobe: FATAL: Module softdog not found.
    Jun 02 16:38:47 odroid-jessie systemd[1]: watchdog.service: control process exited, code=exited status=1
    Jun 02 16:38:47 odroid-jessie systemd[1]: Failed to start watchdog daemon.
    Jun 02 16:38:47 odroid-jessie systemd[1]: Unit watchdog.service entered failed state.
    Jun 02 16:38:47 odroid-jessie systemd[1]: Triggering OnFailure= dependencies of watchdog.service.

Moreover when i enable a service

Is softdog module the problem?

Code
    modprobe softdog
    modprobe: FATAL: Module softdog not found.

• Offizieller Beitrag

softdog is not the problem. The dirtymodules file is the problem. This has been in a lot of other threads.

echo "[]" > /var/lib/openmediavault/dirtymodules.json

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!