Seafile Installation

• I'm no Linux guru but I can work stuff out sometimes...lol.

You shouldn't have to change anything in that script from the guide, just copy and paste it in. I assume you are running OMV as the root user when installing seafile.
    The above looks like a pearl setting issues. A little bit of googling I found this that might help: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1346581 . You could also check you installed the python packages correctly.

Is the problem you are having related to the start up part of the guide ## Part Three: Start Seafile at System Bootup ##. Are you able to run Seafile manually?

• Yes you are right I do have trouble from part three of the guide. I can run seafile manually without trouble, the pearl settings are fixed I did the changes according to your recommendation and it works.

Manual start of Seafile works, when doing reboot the server doesn't start.

• Can you start seafile with this command as user root

Code
    service seafile-server stop # Just in case it is running
    service seafile-server restart

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Hi, yes I followed your guide and checked several times twice.

Please find the attached screen-dump, where you can see that I changed the values.

I tried now again the following commands:

Code
    root@NAS:~# chmod +x /etc/init.d/seafile-server
    root@NAS:~# update-rc.d seafile-server defaults
    update-rc.d: using dependency based boot sequencing
    root@NAS:~#

Is that the right result?

Code
    update-rc.d: using dependency based boot sequencing
  • I changed it over to =false and still having the problem that the restart doesn't work.

But I just saw in Part Three "Create a script" if I remember right I never created a script I think that was already there?
    Just to understand how do I create a script?

Code
    ## Part Three: Start Seafile at System Bootup ##

1. Create a script /etc/init.d/seafile-servercdnano /etc/init.d/seafile-server
  • Can you tell us what is in the script:

Code
    cat /etc/init.d/seafile-server

What ist the output when starting it manually

Code
    /etc/init.d/seafile-server stop
    /etc/init.d/seafile-server start

It it is the default script, tell us what is in the logs in directory <home_of_seafile_user>/logs

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• I followed the recommendation and cd then I did all the steps, after a reboot still same picture = no reboot.

1.) result of cat /etc/init.d/seafile-server

2.) Output of starting manual:

Code
    root@NAS:~# /etc/init.d/seafile-server stop
    root@NAS:~# /etc/init.d/seafile-server start

Nothing happen!

How do I find <home_of_seafile_user>/logs

• How do you know nothing is running?

Code
    ps axu | grep sea

What is here?

Code
    ls -la /root/seafile

and here

Code
    ls -la /root/seafile/seafile-latest

What processes are listening to the network?

Code
    netstat -tuplen

Logs:

Code
    cat /root/seafile/logs/*.log

• I think I have a very similar problem so will post mine here if its related. I have limited knowledge with this.

• Sorry, my fault:

it should have been

Code
    ls -la /root/seafile/seafile-server-latest

no logs in /root/seafile/logs?

• Code
    root@ubuntu:~# ls -la /root/seafile/seafile-server-latest
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 20 May 25 17:25 /root/seafile/seafile-server-latest -> seafile-server-5.0.4

Yes

ccnet.log
    controller.log
    seafile.init.log
    seafile.log
    seahub.init.log
    seahub.log
    seahub_django_request.log

• Here are the results:

Code
    root@NAS:~# ls -la /root/seafile/seafile-server-latest
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 20 Mai 20 17:52 /root/seafile/seafile-server-latest -> seafile-server-5.0.4
  • From the logs:
    SQLException: Failed to start connection pool -- Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111

Is your mysql server running and started up before seafile-server?
    Do you have a type in the msyql database configuration? (/root/seafile/conf/seafile.conf)? Mine looks like:

Code
    [database]
    type = mysql
    host = 127.0.0.1
    port = 3306
    user = seafile
    password = password
    db_name = seafile-db
    connection_charset = utf8

• Looks fine not sure how to find out which starts up first or how to change it?

[fileserver]
    port = 8082

[database]
    type = mysql
    host = 127.0.0.1
    port = 3306
    user = user
    password = password
    db_name = seafile-db
    connection_charset = utf8

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!