Seafile Installation

• To start mysql:

Code
    service mysql restart

To check access to mysql (Fill in user / password:

Code
    mysql -u <user> --password=<password> --database=seafile-db -e "show tables;"

To check start order (processes are started in alphabetical order):

Code
    ls -l /etc/rc3.d/

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Your seafile-server is started before the mysql deamon. The reason is the start script is missing the dependency on mysql.

Edit the file /etc/init.d/seafile-server and add mysql to the required services (line 5):
    Should look like this:

and run

Code
    update-rc.d seafile-server

@baldmanCan you please update the seafile tutorial?

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Sorry, but is that valid for both of us? Or...???

If you followed the tutorial precisely most probably yes. Just check the start skript and try.

• Is this normal

Myseafile-server

It didn't start on reboot

• Same here:

• Don't get me wrong, but my preference would be Owncloud, Pydio, then Seafile.
    The interface/features of the fist two are better than Seafile.

FYI: the founder/most devs of Seafile are Chinese.

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

• Yes I like ownCloud too. It was the tutorial here and my curiosity that gave me the idea to write a guide for Seafile. ownCloud is a very mature application in comparison to Seafile but I think Seafile has some good things about it too. It's at least worth keeping an eye on Seafile as there has been a lot of interest in it :)

• Is this normal

It didn't start on reboot

The commamd should have been

Code
    update-rc seafile-server defaults

• Update... I have just set up a new OMV virtual machine in virtualbox. I have run the steps in parts 1, 2 & 3 with no problems. I'll finish part 4 later. I'll also try the MySQL line in step 3 that Zoki suggested and i'll let you know what happens.

This was done on a clean updated OMV install. From what I gather some of you are using older installations, it might worth a rebuild if your up to it, it certainly makes things run better :)

Perhaps ill even give the latest Seafile a test and update the guide for that :)

• @baldmanIf you rework the turorial, could you consider using a seperat non-root user for seafile (e.g. seafile)

Why dont you let the install script create the databases?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I looked at making seafile a plugin a while back but it wasn't really a good fit. The installation script would take too much time to port to something plugin compatible.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I tried below command and got the following statement:

The commamd should have been

Code
    update-rc seafile-server defaults

[/quote]

Code
    root@NAS:~# update-rc seafile-server defaults
    -bash: update-rc: Kommando nicht gefunden.
    root@NAS:~#

I managed in the meantime to run the command, but still Seafile doesn't boot by start.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!