Banana Pi-M1+MultiSATA+RAID5-3xHDD

• Hi,

I have little experience with OMV and banana Pi.
    My "simple NAS" worked around 3/4 year relative stable.
    Build on Banana Pi-M1+ 1TB 2,5 HDD, OMV 2.1

And now, I want upgrade it for RAID5 with 3x1TB
    I want build it with Banana Pi M1 + SATA multiplier + 3x 1tb 2,5 SATA HDD

I haven´t some experiences with linux, codes, and any others other linux.
    I know codes about programing arduino, but I think it is not what I can use here...

I will recevied multiplier maybe after week, I can´t test now, but I have wef questions and requests:

1/ Can I download stable and completed image OMV for Banana Pi M1 with support for my multiplier?
    2/ If I cant download it, please, have it anyone? Can you share it for me?
    3/ If haven´t anyone it, can anyone make it for me or write me how can I make it?

Thank very much everyone
    and I´m sorry for my bad english....

• Hi, I do have a config you mention up there. Especially, the JMB321 and omv up and running.
    I got lots of help by the guy who runs this page.
    1. I could not. I had to install a bananian and first look whether the disks at my pmp are found, and then I installed omv.
    2. You should find the link up there in my answer.
    3. also the link and me can help ;)

Have fun

• thank you for your reply, I am litle bit lost in there site, but I download image "...PMP.Jessie.4.1.6." and I will be continued after one week, I must now flight for one week out of home and I must wait for multiplier.

Thak you one more...

• I am in trap :D

I found info from Cyryllo, where he write:

Code
    "download image for banana pi/pro BanaNAS PRO 1.0 for JMB321 and JMB390 from simplenas.com/download/banana-pro
    password for ssh and web is bananas
    If you use banana Pi only remove or comment line ap6210 from /etc/modules									"

Okey, I´m not kid, I found how can I edit some file in linux and now... I am expert :D I know how edit file :D but.... little problem
    I can´t boot BPI with this image, and I can´t edit that file.

My question:
    How can I edit that file, if I have only Banana Pi and PC with Windows 8.1 or Win 7 ? (haven´t any PC with linux)

Thx for any help

• Ok, no helper, I had to find a solution alone.
    1/ Install Raspbian on my Orange Pi One
    2/ plug SDcard in card reader to OrangePi
    3/ edit "modules" in root console in nano editor (some problems with it for me-linux noob, but successfully)

but...
    mission continues, I still haven´t functional multiplier... :(

• ok, I have it,
    I have worked server on banana pi + with jmb321 + 3x 1tb hdd 2,5HDD

some information, maybe fotos after few hours or days,

If anyone want image, or complete detailed instructions for build it, write here...

sry for my bad english :)

• Hello,
    I'm relatively new to building nano computers from PIs, besides purchasing one of the numerous basic cases and AC/DC adapters.

I'd like to build a lowcost SATA 6Gbps RAID 5 (soft) NAS (samba, nfs...) (with possible additional media purpose...), I forsaw that the following config might do the trick (here the max config with 10 disks, could be less):

• 1x (~EUR 150.-) Banana PI BPI W2 W2 Spec @BananaPi / W2 Spec @WikiBananaPi (has x2 SATA 6Gbps sockets, needs 12V DC input, seems to have IR (media...));
    • 2x (~EUR 20.-) JMB575 (SATA 6Gbps 1 -> 5 multiplier) JMB575 spec @JMicron (for more than 5 disks...);
    • Options to hold 5-to-8 disks together? I was thinking of an Icy Dock, but it has already electronics, the JMB575 would not be needed anymore, I assume. Maybe an alternative option to consider, but an expensive one, as an Icy Dock x8 2"1/2 SSD/HDD is around EUR 200.-... well, it doesn't seem to match my intent of a lowcost NAS...
    • 1x (Probably around EUR 20.- tops) 230V~/12V= AC/DC Power Adapter compatible with "12V @ 2A via DC power 5.0mmx2.0mm jack" as spec says Links?;
    • One of the Linux distros Kernel image list @W2 Spec @WikiBananaPi.
    • Feasibility: (I did not have the time fully to dig all the subjects around that matter, as I'm still in the early stages)

• Does Linux have the required drivers for the JMB575? Hardware Compatibility

• Does Linux support IR remote control and/or CEC remote control (does the W2 Banana Pi HDMI port support CEC altogether? no? "HDMI out works normally on kernel I have built myself (just no CEC from TV plugged there [...])")?

• Would Soft RAID 5 work with that combination? Linux Raid Wiki

• Media: can this be driven by IR remote and/or from your TV set remote over CEC (hmm...) (HDMI insert needed? Would it work? Does a Linux driver recognize that insert?)?

• Performance: What is the performance of the JMB575 with that many disks per multiplier?

(Approx. Total: EUR 190.- w/o case)

The issue I can't solve: how do you wrap that up nicely?

Indeed, as building such computers is necessarily custom, the casing needs to be as custom-friendly than your most wicked ideas, if you see what I mean. Of course, the market can't be expected to match each idea one can have, but maybe there's a modular casing approach that exists for example (building blocks, lego... an USB-hole-lego block would be funny... lego casing haha, that would be useful for all these PIs and crasy ideas!).

Open question: what could be a way to hold the disks and a Banana W2 together while still having access to the I/O (USB, HDMI...) and buttons (Power, Reset...)? Could you help here, as I'm a dead stuck? ;(

Thanks in advance for any useful help.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!