[SOLVED] Shared Folders seem to be sharing options?

• Not sure this should go under the NFS forum section but I ran into this while setting up my NFS shares:

In OMV under "Shared Folders" I create two shares, one called
    NFSRecordingArchive with a path of data/RecordingArchive and with the ACL for "Others" set to Read-Only

then create a share called
    SMBRecordingArchive with a path of data/RecordingArchive and set the ACL for "Others" to No Access.

If I then edit the first share I created, NFSRecordingArchive, the ACL for Others now reads No Access....the two shares are sharing the ACL rights it seems. I can change either share's ACL setting and the other share will reflect the changes.

Maybe I'll setup a symbolic link for one of my shares to get around this so they have different file paths, but thought I'd ask here first. I need different permissions for each share.

Any ideas? OMV is awesome.

Thanks!

running omv 0.4.16

• I understand how it works now, thank you for the explanation. I should just setup one "Shared Folder" with the permissions set as I need them.

For anyone else that runs into this:
    From reading a few POSIX ACL examples,

(easier in OMV gui)
    to show all the permissions
    getfacl /path
    to set permissions
    setfacl

seeing a + on the end of a directory/file in a ls -l
    drwxrwx---+
    means the directory/file contains extended ACL's

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!