Abandoned plugins

• Due to the lack of motivation - and the time required to maintain over 13 plugins - I have decided to abandon the plugins I don't use myself. If anyone feels up for the task to maintain any them feel free to take over the mantle. Pull requests on Github are also welcome.

The plugins that are affected are the following:

• openmediavault-cups
    • openmediavault-virtualbox
    • openmediavault-webdav

Currently they all work with OMV 3.0 but won't receive any further updates by me.

Regards

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'm done with the following (some may be ported 3.0 and some might not):

• openmediavault-wordpress
    • openmediavault-roundcube
    • openmediavault-extplorer
    • openmediavault-offlineimap
    • openmediavault-postgresql
    • openmediavault-links
    • openmediavault-greyhole
    • openmediavault-calibre

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

5 Mal editiert, zuletzt von ryecoaaron ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

Just my personal opinion (and it's exactly that, as I know squat about programming or I'd be happy to help)... I think in the beginning, the plugin feature was pretty new, and it seemed everyone wanted a plugin for everything, and this made little sense to me then, and it still does to me now. You eventually reach a point where there's more useless shit than things that are useful.

Some of these plugins really have little use on a NAS (virtualbox and extplorer were the ones I could never figure out being on a NAS, while I've also never found much use for links either)... As you're dumping ones that clearly don't really belong some folks are bound to get upset but it's for the best and hopefully will lead to better focus on things that belong.

Hopefully Plex stays around, as I know a lot of folks use it and I'm not fond of Emby. If I knew more about this sort of thing I'd pick up the fight on a couple of them... I was hoping to spend some time learning these things during the winter and summer, but.. unfortunately working 85hrs a week, I don't have time to do much other than sleep and work.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I agree since that is how I use my NAS but a lot of people have so much extra power in their box that it is natural to want it to do more. Even the commerical NASes are offer virtualization now.

I just ported plex to OMV 3.0.22.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ryecoaaron ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

So, what do you think about publishing OMV3 beta end of the month? This will be done with the explicit note that some plugins are not working. But i think we should go a big step forward to OMV3 final.

Fine with me. The plugins that are ported to OMV 3 but not data models or auto notifications have explicit dependencies on OMV 3.0.13. So, they shouldn't cause a problem.

• Before the actual release lets prep a forum entry/writing that you ( votdev) can refer to that people know what they can expect from the Plugin side of 3.0.15+.

Holidays coming up, so I can't put that up before last week of June.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• I think that is fine too. I've been busy with work but most of the plugins I work on are not hard to port. I should have some time on Sunday. Maybe I can get at least 2 done then.

@ryecoaaron The wol plugin is very nice. Do you have any download info on it? To me it seems a lot of people would use it but maybe I am wrong.

• Offizieller Beitrag

In the last 10 days... with a couple for reference
    Emby 17 times
    wol 32 times
    omvextrasorg 653 times

• Offizieller Beitrag

I think I once did a friendly change log when develop started for all new features added. We can add the list here. Also I think we need s simple description of the new datamodels features and what's the purpose of it.

edit:This is the list

• Adapt the service backend to systemd. Now systemclt.inc is the new php function for start/stop/enable/disable services.
    • Add postfix sink.d folder. This allows probably any third party notification system (telegram, pushbullet, etc) to be used in Openmediavault.
    • Added to the logs webGUI apt-get. Includes history.log and terminal output
    • Rsync now supports ssh transport method. The keys can be created/imported from the certificates section and they'll be available as drop down menu in rsync job.
    • Add format btrfs for block devices in the webGUI.
    • Multi device btrfs file systems are now displayed in one entry in the web panel
    • Improved the correct file system usage calculation in btrfs according to their RAID1,0,5 or 6 profile.
    • ext4lazylimit now disabled by default for ext4 filesystems. Newly formatted in the webGUI filesystems will take much less time to initialize.
    • Add MAC address to network widget.
    • You can now change in Samba security directive by using environmental variable. This is intended for DC/AD , LDAP configurations.
    • Add health status icon in the physical disk section based on SMART values.
    • Add more than one NTP server to time sync
    • Delete shared folder button is now split. Delete shared folder, and delete shared folder and data
    • Add proxy configuration panel for general system use. HTTP(S) and FTP supported.
    • Minimal UI improvements
    • Several bug fixes
    • USBBackup plugin is no longer using udev to launch scripts. Is using a systemd unit to execute the script using WantedBy=*.device
    • Datamodels
  • @ryecoaaron Shellinabox working in Eramus... Changelog done. I didn't do much testing. Please do a look over before you release. I try to get back on Sunday and maybe get some more done. Parentals are making me run up to the Campground.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Fixed backup plugin and shellinabox in repo now.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I think I once did a friendly change log when develop started for all new features added. We can add the list here. Also I think we need s simple description of the new datamodels features and what's the purpose of it.

edit:This is the list

• Adapt the service backend to systemd. Now systemclt.inc is the new php function for start/stop/enable/disable services.
    • Add postfix sink.d folder. This allows probably any third party notification system (telegram, pushbullet, etc) to be used in Openmediavault.
    • Added to the logs webGUI apt-get. Includes history.log and terminal output
    • Rsync now supports ssh transport method. The keys can be created/imported from the certificates section and they'll be available as drop down menu in rsync job.
    • Add format btrfs for block devices in the webGUI.
    • Multi device btrfs file systems are now displayed in one entry in the web panel
    • Improved the correct file system usage calculation in btrfs according to their RAID1,0,5 or 6 profile.
    • ext4lazylimit now disabled by default for ext4 filesystems. Newly formatted in the webGUI filesystems will take much less time to initialize.
    • Add MAC address to network widget.
    • You can now change in Samba security directive by using environmental variable. This is intended for DC/AD , LDAP configurations.
    • Add health status icon in the physical disk section based on SMART values.
    • Add more than one NTP server to time sync
    • Delete shared folder button is now split. Delete shared folder, and delete shared folder and data
    • Add proxy configuration panel for general system use. HTTP(S) and FTP supported.
    • Minimal UI improvements
    • Several bug fixes
    • USBBackup plugin is no longer using udev to launch scripts. Is using a systemd unit to execute the script using WantedBy=*.device
    • Datamodels

Oh my good, i don't really know exactly what has been changed. Good to see that you have made a list :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!