[SOLVED] MiniDLNA Problems

• Results:

• do the grep command again. is the old one gone now????

dkpg -l | grep openmediavault

if it is you should be able to go to the plugins section in the web-gui and

install the minidlna package 1st

then install the openmediavault-minidlna package

• Yes, it is!

Code
    ii  openmediavault                     0.4.24                           Open network attached storage solution
    ii  openmediavault-forkeddaapd         0.4.2                            OpenMediaVault forked-daapd (DAAP server) plugin
    ii  openmediavault-keyring             0.2                              GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    iU  openmediavault-minidlna            0.4+0~1355675183.5~1.gbpa4376d   OpenMediaVault miniDLNA (DLNA server) plugin
    ii  openmediavault-omvpluginsorg       0.4.1+0~1355675019.3~1.gbpe45741 OMV-Plugins.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault

This is good, no? :)

• this is good... go to omv web-gui and install the plugin that is just

minidlna

then uninstall and reinstall the openmediavault-minidlna plugin

The minidlan package and plugin are seperate packages.

• did you install the minidlna package though???? and was it a 1.025-2 package??? I just checked it...

if that is the minidlna package installed you can then do this:

cd /var/cache/apt/archives
    dpkg -i openmediavault-minidlna_0.4 then press TAB to complete and then ENTER

• What I meant is that NO other plugins are available via the gui now. I can install minidlna via the command line, if you want, but ONLY the rogue plugin is listed in the gui at the moment (and it is NOT installed).

• Do:

apt-cache show minidlna

tell me what version it is and if it is 1.025-2 install it:

apt-get install minidlna

then:

cd /var/cache/apt/archives
    dpkg -i openmediavault-minidlna_0.4 then press TAB to complete and then ENTER

• Ok, if I install minidlna 1.0.25-2 manually, and then re-do the dpkg command for the 0.4 plugin, the following occurs:

1. DLNA reappears under Services on OMV and WORKS (I tested via a DLNA client).
    2. The full list of plugins re-appears on the plugin page.
    3. The openmediavault-minidlna plugin is STILL the wrong version.

I then added the missing file "omv-plugins-fedaykin-org.list" with the entry you specified, and ran apt-get update.

If I run apt-get upgrade, it tries to upgrade the openmediavault-minidlna package, but I did NOT allow it to proceed (I was afraid it would go back to the 1.0.23 version of the plugin). It seems to me that this thing is persisting because it appears to be newer than the 0.4 version that we want, but I don't know how to get rid of it completely.

• yeah, it's cuz of debian control file. u waited on this bro. don't wait so long when you know someting is wrong cuz it will usually just be that much harder to fix. i will have some ppl look at this issue. use ur machine til we get back to u..... soz not fixed yet.

• Hey, I appreciate your assistance on a Saturday morning. I didn't realize I was making things worse by waiting, I just haven't tried to fix i until I could find the time.

That rogue package shows up on the update manager screen in the OMV gui at the moment, but obviously I have no intention of installing it.

Thanks again. I will keep an eye out here for further instructions.

• Results:

Code
    total 24
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Feb 23 11:47 .
    drwxr-xr-x 6 root root 4096 Jan  3 23:13 ..
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root  111 Feb 21 20:16 deb-multimedia-org.list
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root   50 Feb 23 10:46 omv-plugins-org-fedaykin.list
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  209 Jan  2 20:18 openmediavault.list
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root   45 Oct 17  2011 openmediavault-local.list

Note: I have not yet added the additional repo votdev recently made available to the openmediavault.list file.

Interestingly, the openmediavault-local.list contains an entry for "/var/cache/openmediavault/archives/". If I go there, I find our rogue package: openmediavault-minidlna_1.0.23-cvs20111203-static-4_i386.deb

• Contents of openmediavault.list:

Code
    deb http://packages.openmediavault.org/public fedaykin main
    ## Uncomment the following line to add software from the proposed repository.
    # deb http://packages.openmediavault.org/public fedaykin-proposed main

However, I think I fixed the problem:

The source of the rogue package was opemediavault-local.list, which points to a local directory: /var/cache/openmediavault/archives/. This directory contained the rogue package (openmediavault-minidlna_1.0.23-cvs20111203-static-4_i386.deb) and a control file named "Packages." Packages was actually the deb control file for the rogue package. If I backed up the packages file, replaced the original with an empty file, and ran apt-get update, the rogue update disappeared (from the gui as well).

I then checked the omv plugin page and the entry for the minidlna plugin now read the correct version (the 0.4 version that was actually installed). I still did not see a separate entry for minidlna itself, so I un-installed the openmediavault-minidlna plugin via the gui and purged the minidlna package from the command line. I then returned to the plugin page and still no separate entry for minidlna itself. So, I tried re-installing the openmediavault-minidlna plugin and . . . it now seems to automatically install minidlna as a dependency. I refreshed, activated the DLNA service, and pointed it at my media share and it is working as normal.

So . . . um . . . please let me know if you think the problem is resolved or if I have turned my server into a ticking time bomb. By the way, I have not deleted the files in the archives directory (the rogue package and the backup of the control file).

• I had no idea apt-get clean existed. :) I promise to return immediately if I have any further problems. In the meantime, I can't thank you enough for taking time out on a Saturday to assist me with this. I obviously would never have gotten it working again without your help and expertise. Much obliged. If you are ever in the NYC area, I owe you a beer.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!